ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Disappointing that Anovos seems to be announcing even more products while still not delivering on those already ordered. Are they trying to remake all the dumb mistakes EFX has already made?

Seems like the industry is actually going backwards.

Cheers

Jez

Woof, I've yet to pull a trigger on any Anovos products, has it really been that long for some folks to get the things they ordered? Has Anovos been responsive or dodgy to your inquiries?

Almost two years and two months, and paid full upfront on day one.

Never again :).

14572844_10154431571000211_4227807989512482904_n.jpg

@NeilT, if you don't mind me asking - what did you order? I've been primarily interested in their soft parts rather than any armor/buckets. But I'd like to know what to expect. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@NeilT, if you don't mind me asking - what did you order? I've been primarily interested in their soft parts rather than any armor/buckets. But I'd like to know what to expect. :)

I believe he ordered the full Vader outfit.

Now, no Rogue One pre-orders have gone up but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Deathtrooper go up this weekend.

A darth that is apparently so bad vader experts don't like it ;o)... joy ;o)...

We'll see when it gets here. bound to be better than my 1988 store bought halloween mask.

We'll see when it gets here. bound to be better than my 1988 store bought halloween mask.
One guy on the Sith Lord forums is saying it's not a bad Vader at all out of the box, so IDK what to think [emoji53]

It seems it's missing pleats on the inner robe but maybe this can be altered by the user. Various details seem a bit idealized, but judging on the OT TK, it was to be expected...

Disappointing that Anovos seems to be announcing even more products while still not delivering on those already ordered. Are they trying to remake all the dumb mistakes EFX has already made?

Cheers

Jez

This is why I think they need to slow down.

IIf they need pre order funds to start production on OLDER promised items, something tells me they can't sustain this process for long if they are ALREADY having problems.

With respect, what DO they like? :lol (jokes, folks. Jokes.)

Have to agree though. Seeing lots of negativity about this on various forums, but that's kinda expected. To me it looks like the best licensed Vader-in-a-box ever made.

Instead of always being focused on the moment, some perspective is sometimes useful. Accuracy of replicas isn't something that we've had for decades, it's a relatively recent occurrence. Anyone want to admit that they used to own FX trooper armor, and thought it looked good? Seems like we're trending towards more and more accurate replicas being available to the masses, which I think is a good thing. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, I know all about how knowledgable some have become about all the details and won't dispute that there are some things that could have been done differently here. Just saying, it's not the abomination some are making it out to be.

Anovos spam...
Good lord...10 emails in 3 days (and it's still early), and none of them say 'we're shipping your order'.
(which is so mean lol)
Yes, we get it you're at the con, and we are not.
Yes, "not at the con" discounts are nice, I suppose.
Put it all in a single email.
Whoever is writing all these stupid emails should quit it and help get stuff shipped.

*I would unsubscribe, but I'm afraid I'd miss the emails finally telling me that my orders are shipping.

</rant>

Anovos spam...
Good lord...10 emails in 3 days (and it's still early), and none of them say 'we're shipping your order'.
(which is so mean lol)
Yes, we get it you're at the con, and we are not.
Yes, "not at the con" discounts are nice, I suppose.
Put it all in a single email.
Whoever is writing all these stupid emails should quit it and help get stuff shipped.

*I would unsubscribe, but I'm afraid I'd miss the emails finally telling me that my orders are shipping.

</rant>

UGH I know! It's brutal especially when all your pre-orders are supposed to ship this Quarter (LOLZ)

The Han Solo Bespin Belt is 15% off today and I was thinking about buying it (hopefully it will help pay for whatever they need to pay for for me to get the rest of my stuff) but the sizing is so insane I can't figure out what to order (actually I would only order the Large since it was the only one actually shipping). Depending on my weight I wear a 34" or 36" pant waist size. I'm more or less average I guess. There are plenty of people bigger or smaller than me. But based on the belt sizes they offer I have NO CLUE what to order. Measuring myself based on where ANOVOS says I should measure does not help. My ANOVOS waist : 34 1/2" My ANOVOS hips. 41". So based on the way they measure stuff my waist is much smaller than their smallest size and my hips are much larger than their largest size.... No clue what to order. What am I not seeing or doing right?

Waist Hip
Small36"-38"31"
Medium40"-42"32"
Large44"-46"33"
Extra Large48"-50"34"
2X-Large52"-54"35"

Its the Death Trooper.It's all over their social media feeds.
I check the Anovos website and am subscribed to their Star Wars email list. I don't think there was any mention of R1 products on either of those. Now I see the post on Facebook.

I would have thought the emails about the convention sales would mention new products being displayed at the same convention.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

In fairness, a 90% accurate vader will be hated by some experts. It's impossible to make everyone happy no matter what.
Then there's the fact that it's Anovos, it's gonna be hated by some no matter what [emoji14]

But then again, this is a prop replication board, so I guess kind of accurate is not gonna cut it for some.

Cheers

Jez

I am still holding out hope for Anovos but I have to agree with this. It's not a good way to go.

Got Maul needs to get in here and start explaining.

Are there some better pics of the Vader somewhere??? I have lost track of who is talking about what and the Vader back a page or so is the only one I have seen.

I saw it at Disneyland and I thought it looked great. Not perfect, not an exact copy of any one Vader suit but I liked it.

Anyone got links to other pics of received suits?

Thanks

Then there's the fact that it's Anovos, it's gonna be hated by some no matter what [emoji14]

But then again, this is a prop replication board, so I guess kind of accurate is not gonna cut it for some.

True, but there are those who'd find something to dislike it over if it was 99.999% dead on. Some people cannot be pleased.

True, but there are those who'd find something to dislike it over if it was 99.999% dead on. Some people cannot be pleased.
Well, take the RS Propmaster Stormtrooper armor. It's an almost perfect replica of the screen-used armor, down to the very last bumps and warts... Some like it, some don't...

Actually we could have the actual, screen used Darth Vader suit, top to bottom, and two things would happen.

First even if George Lucas and David Prowse were standing right there swearing on a stack of Bibles that this was the one and only screen used suit someone would complain it is not because of this one thing they think they see on a frame grab from the film.

The other thing would be people complaining that even though it is the exact suit it has or does not have a scratch or bump that it had while filming.

:D:lol Just having some fun folks.

Picking apart props down to the tiniest detail is half the fun.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back