ANOVOS Darth Vader

Re: ANVOS Darth Vader

Sorry man ! We can't account for everything :(

I know...and now the AT-AT too :)

1st two weeks of january and i'm down 2200 for new appliances because the old ones flat out died on me :(

Hoping for an AT-AT helmet in the 2 week out range or so :) *nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean? :)

Yup ! And you will be able to buy all the other piece separately too, so from Helmet to chest box, you will be able to buy per what you need.

I'm pretty sure they are though! :)

On another note, received the AT-AT driver costume .. are there any threads somewhere debating on accurate it is? I'll probably buy just the helmet .. but I'm still debating this!

The helmet in the pics is MonCal's. I think Anovos might improve it a bit?

Yah, we will be. The color and face plate will change along with some of the greeblies from our research.

I think the new tier system is based on time instead of the quantity tier system used on Vader.

Yah, we will be. The color and face plate will change along with some of the greeblies from our research.

I am so excited about this offering. Count me in for the helmet right away! Loving the new Tier System :D! Went from zero to three orders for me.

I think the new tier system is based on time instead of the quantity tier system used on Vader.

Oh ok. Can anyone confirm this?

So they give you a few days to order at Tier 1 then move to Tier 2?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to change the size you pre-ordered if needed?

I think my email on the tie pilot chest piece came in on a Wednesday and the tier one ended end of day Thursday. That maybe off a day or so, not sure exactly. But I had about 36 hours(ish) from the timestamp on the email to get Tier 1.

Yup ! And you will be able to buy all the other piece separately too, so from Helmet to chest box, you will be able to buy per what you need.

Just to clarify on this, when you say "buy all the other pieces separately too," are you referring to the armor packaging you have now, i.e. the TIE Pilot armor accessory pack or will the options be broken down even further?

In my case (and I would venture to say others), I'm just purchasing each helmet for display only, but would love to setup the TIE helmet and AT-AT helmet with their respective chestboxes. IMO, the lids almost looks like they're missing something without the box and the hose/tubing. I just don't want to spend $650 for extra items that wouldn't be necessary for a helmet display. :)

I see all the Vader tiers sold out. Standard and Premier are both full price now! I actually regret not having bought the tier 1 when I could!

I bought it the instant I could, even if It set me back on payments for a few months. it was too risky to wait for me....just out of morbid curiosity.. what is full price?

I'll have a complete 3P0 by the time next week rolls around. I can't wait to get darth vader displayed next to him ;o)

Are we still on track for a May shipping date for Vader? Any new sample pics? Will we see a new mockup at Celebration?

Hi Vader1974,

We are sending an update on this project, but to be concise, no, we had to push out the expected ship out for this project. While a missed delivery time always sucks, I hope you can find the reason somewhat hopeful : after endless debate on the sculpt of the mantle and chest boxes, we decided to go back to the archives, scan the originals and literally have everything printed from these scans. I've been waiting to put up a post with some of the results, but what we found was by doing this, complex curvature was finally captured and most importantly, the correct flare of the mantle was caught. Excited is an understatement and something our manipulation of previous sculpts could never capture. Secondly, the size of the print outs correctly capture the original pieces. What we found was the our original mantels ( that had traces to the originals) suffered from 2-3% shrinkage and in some mantles, as large as 5% shrinkage. This was also true for the chest box scans we took.

Thus, we wanted to get it right the first time around as a result, I made the executive decision to delay shipment to finally put a nail in ensuring the right look..it doesn't get better than scans and prints of the originals. But with that said, we should do a lot better of updating everyone, so I apologize for the lack of updates and most of all, the delays.

All I know is that I am constantly impressed by this company.

Bravo!

eFX and sideshow need to TAKE NOTES...

THIS is how it's done!

Yup ! We are breaking this thing up in parts.

TBH, you guys are the company that has made me the most hopeful in this realm of things in a long long time (I'm in my mid 20s and a fledgling compared to many here). I own a ton of MR items and bought several big ticket efx items directly from them (vader mcquarrie, vader legend, etc) and after my experiences, I refuse to do business with them any longer. The updates on the forums and emails are what won me over in pre-ordering several items from ANOVOS. I hope to buy a couple of the separate vader items (helmet, shin armor) and hope as the company grows, the customer service stays consistent from what it has been, because if so, I hope to continue supporting you guys.

Hi Vader1974,

We are sending an update on this project, but to be concise, no, we had to push out the expected ship out for this project. While a missed delivery time always sucks, I hope you can find the reason somewhat hopeful : after endless debate on the sculpt of the mantle and chest boxes, we decided to go back to the archives, scan the originals and literally have everything printed from these scans. I've been waiting to put up a post with some of the results, but what we found was by doing this, complex curvature was finally captured and most importantly, the correct flare of the mantle was caught. Excited is an understatement and something our manipulation of previous sculpts could never capture. Secondly, the size of the print outs correctly capture the original pieces. What we found was the our original mantels ( that had traces to the originals) suffered from 2-3% shrinkage and in some mantles, as large as 5% shrinkage. This was also true for the chest box scans we took.

Thus, we wanted to get it right the first time around as a result, I made the executive decision to delay shipment to finally put a nail in ensuring the right look..it doesn't get better than scans and prints of the originals. But with that said, we should do a lot better of updating everyone, so I apologize for the lack of updates and most of all, the delays.

THIS^^^^^^^^

This is why you guys flat out rock. It's not even the what you did or why you did (although that too is great in this case:). It's pretty simple. Someone asked a question, and you gave possibly the best possible answer a vendor could. You gave the answer and then the explanation of why and then added what you were doing instead.

It gives people a real connection to what's going on and keeps them update and supremely excited.

My only issue with it is it makes me more willing to spend money on your stuff. No offense, but if you could be a bit more rude and off putting on some of these, my bank account would greatly appreciate it! :)

I now have to figure out where i'm going to put the shoulders and chest box when they go on order. Maybe even a belt....sheesh...Well, I guess that's what they call a good problem to have :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back