Another prop room ... [updates throughout thread].

Re: Another prop room ...

Ah Simon, that sucks buddy about the room. We have both had bumps in the road this year, but deep down I think we both know that in the end, we will both be back in the game full steam ahead.

No matter how many times I look at your collection, I never get tired of looking at it. We should chat again soon buddy. Ill talk to you soon.

It will work out. I had my room and my now ex walked out on me. I lost my house but through the madness of divorce I kept my collection and am back. You will have your fortress of solitude back. Keep your head up.

Well, even though I lost my prop room a few months ago I still had a few projects in the pending que.

One of those projects happened to be a paint-up of Howard's 'Freddy Kreuger' bust and the fairly rare left hand that he fashioned for those who wanted to do a "Vs." styled life sized figure.

I already had a set of these which was used on my life sized display but I was never really happy with the paint. I chanced upon a second set and shipped them off to Rick Cantu who kindly did the finishing honors for me.

I think the results speak for itself ... those hand wounds look NASTY, and I mean that in the best way possible!

Extraordinarily happy with Rick's work (he also did my Pinhead and Chatterer) ... well, enough talk, let's see those pics:

FreddyFnl2.jpg

FreddyFnl1.jpg

HandFnl2.jpg

HandFnl3.jpg

For anyone attending 'Monstermania 19' next Friday I'll have this, along with Bjorn's "Predator 2" bust, on display!

Hope you guys like!

i too love your Universal Monster stuff but the whole collection is simply amazing, i'm visiting NYC soon maybe i come for a private viewing :lol

Outstanding :thumbsup

As a fellow horror fan, I have to say that your collection is amazing. The quality of the pieces is just amazing, and I love that you have a mix of new and old school horror icons. Truly great...

I would've been freaked out to have Jason with his machete right there next to the door lol

Even though my prop room is a thing of the past I still have a few projects stuck in limbo. Some of these projects have literally been years in the making. Here are a few that have been done for some time now but I never got around to snapping photos of ...

Cyberman's 'Darth Maul' - sculpted and finished by Phil:

HPIM7434.jpg

HPIM7431.jpg

Reaper tribute bust by Steve Wang:

Reaperx01.jpg

Reaperx02.jpg

Reaperx03.jpg

Reaperx04.jpg

Reaperx05.jpg

Reaperx06.jpg

Whaddya think?

Stay tuned, I have some '80's goodness coming up very soon ...

Last edited:

That reaper is killer man. Was that a full sized black lagoon in the back?
Dude make the basement into the new scene to many cool things to be packed away.

Great to see you posting again buddy. Im sure youll get your room back at some point. Nice additions. Steves reaper is insane, great score!!! Talk to you soon bro.

The Reaper has stunning paintwork & is a true piece of art.:love

It is always nice to see a rare character which not many artists would even consider attempting.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back