Another Capt. America Shield, MINI Shield Finished! (Battle Damaged)

AMAZING WORK! color me blown away! even the accuracy of the paint job! and if you gave me that shield as a kid, I wouldve NEVER put it down! EVEN AT SCHOOL! kids would know I was cap! hahaha awesome job!

Next Step.. Kids back packs! Some how find a way to make an actual back pack out of the shield. I thought of a few ideas for this, where the shield snaps onto a normal handle or onto an actual back pack with shoulder straps. ... Also fun for motorcycle riders :)

Next Step.. Kids back packs! Some how find a way to make an actual back pack out of the shield. I thought of a few ideas for this, where the shield snaps onto a normal handle or onto an actual back pack with shoulder straps. ... Also fun for motorcycle riders :)

That would be cool!!! Here is shot of my Daughters MINI, and the other two I am selling when they are finished!!! Also Stone with his Disney Capt. Am. costume he is so happy!!!!
littleshields.jpg

stonecaptam.jpg

One Red Ring Sprayed on the Minis, tomorrow I'll finish them up and Do Battle Damage tomorrow Evening, SO Cute!!!
minis801.jpg

minis802.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awesome father you are.
Reminds me of my dad a bit and when I saw the movie the Blackhole. When I was young and wanted it I very badly wanted the "u" shaped laser guns.

He made one out of cardboard for me and I actually loved it. Wish I still had it.

You have inspired me to do this project with my father. He had a stroke this year and I'd like start and complete a project like this to have as a keep sake and I can think of no better than this.

Looks challenging for me but with his help, this site, and amazing guys like you I'm sure we will Get there.

Your son will remember this truly for the rest of his life.

I fear as we get older, with all this licensing issues, the days of making your own stuff instead of walking into a store and buying, will make this DYI kinda project more of a rarity.

Great work. And take it from me this is very special to your son. As children we can't express or tell you now how much this means to us, and how much it will affect as we get older.

You're setting a great example.

Last edited:
the mini shields look fantastic! i'm finishing up my full size and now that i see your technique for doing the battle damage it might do something similar. if you end up selling any let me know, if i brought one of those minis to my 7 year old nephew he would completely flip out!

Finished the Mini Shields Paint, I'll mount the brackets later today. Waiting to here from a couple of people that might want the 2 extras I'll have, and if not I'm going to put them up on the Junk Yard this evening. I will most likely keep them clean and do battle damage if they want. My Daughter wants hers clean!!
3minisfinished1.jpg

3minisfinished2.jpg

those are the best :p btw did you spun the metal yourself?

No I purchased 16 spun aluminum wheel covers, but they had a lip, that I had to cut off and clean up, then used a Trammel tool to scribe the lines, and Valors stars in a smaller size. Then paint leather aluminum mini brackets. Quite a pain, but they came out great, and my kids are freaking out, my son has carried his around for two days everywhere we went. So I only will have two to sell but they might be spoken for waiting to hear.
Thanks guys,
AL

Finished the Mini Shields Paint, I'll mount the brackets later today. Waiting to here from a couple of people that might want the 2 extras I'll have, and if not I'm going to put them up on the Junk Yard this evening. I will most likely keep them clean and do battle damage if they want. My Daughter wants hers clean!!
3minisfinished1.jpg

3minisfinished2.jpg

Man that would be awesome to see a full on family in costumes with these.

The great America Family.

But with all the captains, who would actually be in charge? :lol

3minisfinished1.jpg

3minisfinished2.jpg

I am very impressed with the paint job! Not sure if you answered this or not but I would love to know how you did the clear coat. Was there any wet sanding involved?

I am very impressed with the paint job! Not sure if you answered this or not but I would love to know how you did the clear coat. Was there any wet sanding involved?

There is no clear coat, and no sanding involved. Be leave it or not.
Thanks for all the positive comments!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back