ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

This shows the same angle (approx) I think I need to turn the bbl down just a little overall but now the "highlight" under the HERO barrel looks like a taper when you can compare to something known.

anhheroandnewtaperbblco.jpg

Nice work kpax, looking good! Just that much more accurate now. :D

So, does anybody have the correct, real MG81 Flash Hider they could provide a few measurements for? Maybe then we will be able figure up a more definitive Barrel Length for this sucker.

-Carson

Last edited:

My FH is a duplicate of a real MG81 in steel and was made for a real MG81 SEE post 11.

I can provide specs and maybe compare with others.

I think my bbl is close but am going to review.

It was said that the flash hider, as evidenced in some photos, was "stuffed" to make the barrel sit in the hider centered which is why the flash hider is off kilter in some pics.

The "set screw" is only used here to secure the end of the barrel. Not sure if they threaded the barrel or the MG81 hole to do this.

Not sure if everyone knows, but the REAL MG81 boosters do not use set screws. The holes in the flash hider, which if you notice goes through top and bottom, as to aid in screwing the booster on and off the end of the machine gun barrel. You would put a rod through the holes to get more leverage. You can imagine the vibration the machine gun would exhibit. If the booster wasn't tight it would just fly off.

See below:

mg81017original.jpg

mg81018original.jpg

mg81004.jpg

mg81002iu.jpg

Good point about the notch

The disk on the Merr Sonn Blaster has a little square notch in it, which would show in the paint when removed. So I don't think it's exactly like that one, but seems very likely to be a similar piece. Like the barrel greeblie, it looks very similar, but not quite the same.

But, that's probably what they were going for. ;)

Edit: I changed the Title of this thread to ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion to free up the discussion a bit. :thumbsup

-Carson

CONGRATULATIONS...you finally prooved, what I always believed :lol:thumbsup

The bbl looks great kpax!
Where did you get the grill from??? I´m in need for one :D

Lichtbringer:
How long until YOU manage to incorporate the revised barrel into your build, heh? ;)

And Jason...
I´m in the same boat, I need to redo at least two blaster now :lol

Markus

Where did you get the grill from??? I´m in need for one :D

The same way i got mine ... he made it on a lathe and milled the cutouts.

You need a lathe, Markus. :love

Lichtbringer:
How long until YOU manage to incorporate the revised barrel into your build, heh? ;)

I could mill my barrel every minute - but we havn´t completly discovered everything. Even with milled underside the chamfers on my centered bbl seem smaller - it has the same width as the receivers, so ..... milled or not, is the original bbl off center? Or not? Or wider than the receiver?

Still some questions. :D

I not only need a lathe, but also a mill....

oh and to complete the list, I ´d need:
- money
- workspace and last but not least...
- SKILLS to do anything like that ;)

Seems like I have to rely on gentlemen like you, who are gifted with ALL listed above :lol

Markus

I not only need a lathe, but also a mill....

oh and to complete the list, I ´d need:
- money
- workspace and last but not least...
- SKILLS to do anything like that ;)

Seems like I have to rely on gentlemen like you, who are gifted with ALL listed above :lol

Markus

Money? I have no money, no idea who you are talking about. :confused

Sing "with a little help of your friends......" :D

Nice work, guys! :)

Michael-

Is my Han ROTJ blaster finished? :D

"Almost there..." wait - yours?

You don´t like ROTJ blasters, how could it be yours? :confused
Ääääh, wait again - it is mine and i don´t like ROTJ blasters - strange world. :lol

Without kidding ....... i have Kurtys lower Receiver and i have my MGC, i´m waiting for Markus MGCs - so i can mill all the side greeblies at the same time. And i´ve still no accurate blueprints of the flashhiders.

Hi Michael,

I think your barrel may not look correct because of the dimensions of the MGC vs REAL or Denix. If you recall the past posts it seems the MGC has more material above the bore than the REAL, .180 vs .160

Also check the width of the top of your receiver, on the REAL from Dcarty it is only .2975. My Denix was .4000+-

This would make a difference in how the bevels look I think.

The same way i got mine ... he made it on a lathe and milled the cutouts.

You need a lathe, Markus. :love

I could mill my barrel every minute - but we havn´t completly discovered everything. Even with milled underside the chamfers on my centered bbl seem smaller - it has the same width as the receivers, so ..... milled or not, is the original bbl off center? Or not? Or wider than the receiver?

Still some questions. :D

4.58 vs 4.08 and 7.54 across the top. This is "much" narrower than the Denix and MGC so you may have to cheat it a bit.

Holy Thread Progression, Batman!

Wow, things move fast around here. Nice work kpax--I like how you've also incorporated the proof marks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back