ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

Not really.

The flashhider on the pic is missing a complete row of holes, so it can´t be the original MG81 flashhider.

Whats left? A cast replica, probably a Merr-Sonn. It had a solid resin flashhider, so it could be a half filled hole, or anything else.

Actually it is original, the holes are just a bit hard to see. ;)

antennaproof4.jpg

-Carson

Anyone else think the smaller diameter looking post at the end of the antenna looks smaller then the regular, already determined post diameter? I know it's been said to be an illusion, but it looks to start from the regular larger diameter and then steps down to a much smaller diameter on the end then I originally thought.

7n7gakyt.png

-Carson

Last edited:

Actually it is original, the holes are just a bit hard to see. ;)

OK. Why did you used that upsized pic with scrambeld detail? :confused

Still no bullbarrel front. :D

The bullbarrel has a smaller dia and sits lower - it could be the inner edge of the flashhiders material, or the front of the used "adapter" they put in.

OK. Why did you used that upsized pic with scrambeld detail? :confused

Still no bullbarrel front. :D

The bullbarrel has a smaller dia and sits lower - it could be the inner edge of the flashhiders material, or the front of the used "adapter" they put in.

:lol Wasn't trying to throw anyone off. I've been staring at that photo blown up for the last couple days, I figured it needed a close up. :D

-Carson

Bad comparrison pic. Not all even at the same angle, and besides. Mine was just thrown together with some tape and a piece of plastic holding it together. It isn't even centered properly! :$

I looked.. I just don't see it

Home work assignment. Study the pics below and tell me what I am missing.

sightcompare.jpg

Was just comparing the height of the antenna vs the height of the FH off the barrel.

I'm just trying to visualize the Ball end with 2 line cuts behind the "triangular sight"

I want the best Han Solo ANH blaster too! just saying that the prop does not necessarily NEED to come apart like a Mauser.

I think it should LOOK as much like the real ANH prop as possible and function as close as possible to orignial. but we do have to deal with the practicality of replicating this piece. Heck even the US prop guys had a hard time which is why we ended up with the Greedo version as I understand it. Although we do have a bit more time to work it out.

Hey kpax

This is the Replica PROP Forum, not "just" the Blaster Builders Club ;)
Our goal is to archieve accuracy and that includes to reproduce all details of a particular prop...well at least it is MY goal :lol

So I won´t settle with "a" DL44, but want "THE" Han ANH hero (in this case)....built, detailed and functional as close to the SU item as possible :cool

And I know I am not alone ;)

Markus

Just because I a little thick sometimes.
Lonepigeon posted the below image and drawing.

Another pic for clarification...
antennaproof1.jpg
then said : Your outline shapes are wrong. You've drawn the T-track ridge much too high.
The top of the "ball end" of the antenna is visible above the ridge.

I think my drawing is very close to yours, but you have not indicated in this pic where the Ball end is either.

Still confused.

I repost my drawing again below for easy comparison.

The Blue tint image (bottom left) and drawing are essentially the same as Lonepigeons.

The GREEN image has the FH tilted so the SIGHT looks much higher.

sightworkingcopy.jpg

That green picture is so badly cropped it's not really good for anything!

On a different note... another idea?
missingpaint.jpg

I repost my drawing again below for easy comparison.

The Blue tint image (bottom left) and drawing are essentially the same as Lonepigeons.

The GREEN image has the FH tilted so the SIGHT looks much higher.

sightworkingcopy.jpg

Does anyone have a good quality scan of this picture? I'm pretty sure I have it in a vintage poster magazine, but I can't find the magazines! :confused

hanposter.jpg

In fact, anyone got Official Pix SW-1336 or SW-1334?
SW-1334.jpg
SW-1336.jpg

Great CU shot! Looks the same...the bull bbl prob fit inside the booster end. surprised you cant see it in the pre pro. left hero

Even with the flat bull barrel underside, the flash hider really does look off center in the Chronicles picture (post filming) and is even pointing up slightly. Probably damage from filming.

han_hero_chronicles.jpg

Even with the flat bull barrel underside, the flash hider really does look off center in the Chronicles picture (post filming) and is even pointing up slightly. Probably damage from filming.

That could definitely be possible.:thumbsup The flash hider looks to be off a bit between the two shots in the picture kpax posted too. In the green cropped photo it looks like the flash hider tilted back, resting on the top of the barrel a little. It's hard to say for sure where it 'should' be setting for a replica..

sightworkingcopy.jpg

-Carson

This looks like the original version.

Note how the gun is photographed - leaning on the table-pushing the FH up!

soloblasterdo6.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back