ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

I think your top of receiver is higher than a real Mauser which is why you may not show as much bevel although it looks pretty good from the pics! You can always mill off a few tenths.

Maybe i will do that - but then i would have to paint the complete gun.

I like the look of not repainted surfaces, so i´m a little unsure what is better.

You are right about the parts though. Wed have to consider how to do it best. Maybe a barrel, FH, and Dowel?

Yeah ... barrel, flashhider, adapter, and the parts to mount the barrel on the cut receiver.

Nice work!

Thanks.

Does the receiver/barrel combo slide back far enough with the FH on to disassemble the MGC?

No, it needs to slide completly back to the end of the lower receiver, any parts lower than the milled barrel would stop it from sliding back enough.

Great job, Lichtbringer. That bull barrel looks great - and does rhyme with the pics of the original Hero blaster, IMO.:thumbsup

Thanks. :)

Theoretical discussions and thoughts are great, but at a certain point they have to be accompanied with oldschool practice.

(It's just a stinky old MR bull barrel)
bull1.jpg

bull2.jpg

bull3.jpg

No, it needs to slide completly back to the end of the lower receiver, any parts lower than the milled barrel would stop it from sliding back enough.

In the U TUBE video of take down of a C96 it "looked" like the receiver only had to slide back a few inches.

If you look at that "Grassy Knoll" pic from naked runner, and note the highlighted area you see the "FLAT" stopping just before the Lock at the end of the barrel where it goes ROUND again to match the extension.

Guess that was far enough.

Still have to turn my barrel down a hair.

I'd call this Barrel question solved!

If we can get some better res pics of the "sight and antenna" we can put that to rest although I think Lonepigeon has it mostly right as far as the prop goes, but what should we do? An as was broken sight or as it should be Front sight with two antenna, maybe make the antenna removable to match the full left side hero (green background) Anyone have a good scan of that pic without the background?

I saw in the other antenna thread that there are some great shots out there. the other post's pics are gone.

What's next?

not a bad barrel Kurtyboy. FH looks good. Is the MR FH metal? How about the sight and antenna?

The antenna on that MR look to large in dia. to match the ANH hero and cast Merr Sonn. Is it me?

The bull barrel is aluminium. The original front sight on them was very similar to your one. I ripped the thing out and put the t-track and toggles on.

Probably just you. Lonepigeon blueprinted those toggles and I have every confidence in his abilities since he had access to the best reference photos ;)

not a bad barrel Kurtyboy. FH looks good. Is the MR FH metal? How about the sight and antenna?

The antenna on that MR look to large in dia. to match the ANH hero and cast Merr Sonn. Is it me?

That piece of t-track is Gino's replica which is the most accurate available.

Q:

In the hero (GREEN) NO antenna can be seen and the SIGHT looks to be 1/2 the length +- of the exposed barrel

The base can not be seen well here but looks much thinner than in Kurtys pics of the MR with Ginos T track

I have no doubt Lonepigeon has done excellent research but must ask why the ball end of the antenna in the BLUE tint pic does not show at all behind the sight.

Maybe the high res pics show it better but seems like it look a little bit odd with the track and antenna. Out of place or poorly designed

... but then again, thats what you get when you outsource to a Galaxy far far away.

All we can do it replicate it the best we can.
sightworkingcopy.jpg

Looking great Michael :):thumbsup

IF someone would be up to the task for offering replica bbl´s, there would be a least 3 different versions needed:
- Denix C96
- MGC C96
- real C96

While the bbl for all three could have the same width, it has to feature a difference chamfering and maybe even a different length. :unsure

With regards to the final design of the bbl....why not go the extra mile to make it 100% accurate by adding another feature: the "locking mechanism" as seen on the NR pics ;)
I know it´d be hard since you can´t make out any details, but hey...you guys CAN :D

nrunner3.jpg

Markus

Hi Markus,
Thought I'd throw in here. I have been thinking about this as a project and while "anything" can be done, I think we would have to have a consensus of what IS the correct way to present a DL-44.

While it is possible to offer 3 versions of the barrel it would be more expensive and probably unnecessary since we know the Denix, MGC and Mauser are all pretty close in dimensions in the receiver area.

I think we could size the parts to best fit the 3. The question comes in as Lichtbringer said, not everyone has the same skills or tools so what to do.

Maybe offer the accurate parts with modifications or adapters that will make it easier adjust to each version?

The barrel length and lockin mechinism as you suggest would only be uses if you were tryig to copy the movie PROP instead of making a DL-44 Laser Blaster.

The point being that a "real" laser blaster would not have a barrel like that that didn't quite fit right on the FH and tipped up and down etc.

I for one would rather have a Replica of the DL-44 that way it "would be" if it was a real Laser Blaster with Laser emitter at the end of the barrel inside the FH like I made mine.

Every body has different tastes and desires so we need to hear some thoughts on what everyone would want to see and how it can be addressed as a kit.

We also will need to get some other measurements from the real mauser, Denix and MGC on the frame and receiver to "size other parts correctly

let us know your thoughts.

That's not an MR flash hider, it's the steel replicas made a few years ago. Probably the same one you have.

Funny, we can see 3 of them used, Pats, yours, and mine - and all of them seem to have slighly different versions of the bulletshaped cutouts at the end.

With regards to the final design of the bbl....why not go the extra mile to make it 100% accurate by adding another feature: the "locking mechanism" as seen on the NR pics ;)
I know it´d be hard since you can´t make out any details, but hey...you guys CAN :D

There is a big question - it´s another movie ... are you sure it wasn´t sawed/filed down later, to get the adapter and the flashhider assembled on the barrel?

Every body has different tastes and desires so we need to hear some thoughts on what everyone would want to see and how it can be addressed as a kit.

In my opinion a kit makes not much sense - to much different guns and to much different opinion how each one wants "his" blaster. A kit would be a compromise in one or any direction.

Then it is not a easy task to get it assembled - for many people with their common household-tools and skills. You can easily frakk up a 300$ MGC or a even more expensive real deac within a few seconds/minutes.

That brings down the numbers - lower numbers mean usually higher prices for kits. That brings down the numbers even more.

This stuff is more a thing to be commisioned to someone.

Kits for a reasonable price and the average skills/tools would be more the way to have a barrel that slides over a shortend original gunbarrel. Something like my first try:

GreedoKiller017.jpg

Werkzeug033.jpg

GreedoKiller019.jpg

Cutting a barrel with a hacksaw is something the most can do, and it´s much more forgiving to mistakes.

I´m not convinced that such work:

anh-bullbarrel001.jpg

could be done on the kitchen table.

Or getting a centered hole drilled with a accu-drill - we havn´t bought our machines cause we love to spent our money, but cause we know that you need them if you want certain jobs done right.

I managed to lop off the barrel on my MGC fairly well for only using a Dremel..:unsure But I agree it would be difficult otherwise. It wasn't a modification that was super easy, or very precise for that matter.

I have thought about allot of options if we were to get an Ultimate run going.

I've thought about the 3 barrel option as well, it would be the better way to be able to offer barrels for more peoples needs. But, if we're talking accuracy here, a real Mauser is the only real option. Considering allot of people including myself do not own a real Mauser, that's a another problem. I know there are at least a few people in my situation with no Mauser, and none of the proper machinery to do the necessary work to it.

So, we either have to compromise by modifying our MGC's and Denix's instead, OR we could work up a way to draw, machine or cast up some Accurate Mausers to work with! :love

I know what everyones thinking.. expensive! I'm thinking that too. But imagine a full, accurate replica for Maybe around the cost of Just a Mauser in appropriate condition.

Just a crazy Option I feel could be done with allot of work.. But this Blaster is worth it!

What does everybody think? too far?:lol

-Carson

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back