ANH / ESB Lightsaber Hardware terms?

I very recently made the "stunt"from ANh and cut my own top. I wrapped paper around a graflex and used Indiana Jones style pencil to scratch and shade the shape. Wrapped that paper around my tube and used a hacksaw and round files to shape it! There are templates on Google too

I was just going to say check out toms ANH stunt thread. He did a phenomenal job replicating the S curve on the graflex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read Tom's thread and I'm amazed! Such a wonderful build!

And it looks like I'm inadvertently following in your footsteps - I too am using an aluminium tube from eBay, 1-1/2" diameter and 1 foot long. I had considered using a hacksaw for the curve but wasn't sure whether it would work, so thank you for confirming this for me. :)

Out of interest, roughly how thick are the walls on your tubing? The only ones I can find are 1.2mm thick, but it would be good to get a second opinion.

I just read Tom's thread and I'm amazed! Such a wonderful build!

And it looks like I'm inadvertently following in your footsteps - I too am using an aluminium tube from eBay, 1-1/2" diameter and 1 foot long. I had considered using a hacksaw for the curve but wasn't sure whether it would work, so thank you for confirming this for me. :)

Out of interest, roughly how thick are the walls on your tubing? The only ones I can find are 1.2mm thick, but it would be good to get a second opinion.

Tom did a lot of hand work to get that s curve. I'm a cheater and would use the end of a belt sander ;)

A Dremel tool is your best bet. Wrap the tube with masking tape and copy the template onto it with a marker. Do a rough cut with an abrasive cutting disc and clean it up with a sanding drum. Oh, and every rake I've found has had tines that are to small for proper grips. Look for some kind of yard sign stake. I found one, and while it had to be cut down, it worked out well.

Quick update.

The wiper blades I managed to salvage were no good in the end - they had split in areas so I could only get 4 decent grips for me lightsaber.

Long story short, I'll be buying another set of wiper blades next week. After that I can finally get started on the build. ;)

I wouldn't waist your money on wiper blades. If you don't want to use replica grips, and you can get them for $12 I think form Todd, I'd make your own from sheet styrene from the hobby shop. Wiper blades are just never going to look like you want them too. (I say this from my own hardware builds, it was always the thing that made my early builds lack a certain professionalism I was after)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back