ANH Bust Project:Luke, Leia, Han, Obi Wan,Tarkin & Chewie

Re: ANH Bust Project:Luke, Leia, Han, Obi Wan & Moff Tarkin

Those are the best likenesses I have ever seen for Star Wars. Man you have some real talent. The Leia bust is just incredible.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Things have been a bit slow going with this bust lately as I have a few other things happening, but here are the latest shots of Tarkin. Another incredibly sculptural face, and I've been treading a very fine line in trying make sure this one didn't turn into a caricature due to Peter Cushing's exaggerated cheekbones and other facial features. As for who will be next Trilogy, this will be the last of the New Hope busts for now, and I am looking forward to getting started on a couple of characters from The Force Awakens.

Attachments

• DSCF3625_zpsvhiffbqa.jpg
    DSCF3625_zpsvhiffbqa.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCF3624_zpswidaxboq.jpg
    DSCF3624_zpswidaxboq.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF3623_zpswozdnprx.jpg
    DSCF3623_zpswozdnprx.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF3621_zpsmx6x2jen.jpg
    DSCF3621_zpsmx6x2jen.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 263

Are you for real? You not only turn out these sculptures like a baker turns out hot cakes, but they are absolutely spot on! Amazing.

Great busts so far. I especially like Kenobi and Tarkin and the speed you have done these busts is just insane. Cant wait to see the Wookie.

Holy moly! These are amazing!

Can you give us a scale for these busts?

Love it! These busts are, as I said earlier, soooo ANH ! And I mean by that that you've captured the look and essence of the original movie to a T!

DSCF7615.JPGHi Guys, Thanks for all the positive comments. I've got some shots of the finished and painted Moff Tarkin Bust at last. A lot of fine detailing on the skin and hair went into making this one work . I'm happy with the result and I think I was able to capture some of the intelligence and intensity that Peter Cushing put into this great character. The 2 photos directly below are taken from almost the same angle but I think they show how the attitude of this piece changes depending on the way it's lit. Thanks again for the support and enjoy the pics!

DSCF75001.jpgDSCF7667.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF7273.JPG
    DSCF7273.JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF7649.JPG
    DSCF7649.JPG
    951.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF7609.JPG
    DSCF7609.JPG
    871.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Man, you would do a killing at any Comic cons :cool Excellent sculpts!

Tarkin looks absolutely incredible!! Absolutely stellar job in these!

Thanks for the kind words Guys! Looking back at when I started this project, I can't believe that I was considering leaving Peter Mayhew out of it. Here are early progress shots of The Mighty Chewbacca......

Attachments

• DSCF7840.JPG
    DSCF7840.JPG
    948.8 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCF7842.JPG
    DSCF7842.JPG
    836.4 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF7867.JPG
    DSCF7867.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 256
Amazing! You've really captured the characters! Makes me feel like I'm back in 1977 experiencing Star Wars for the first time.

Thanks Alaneye, animator, and MAKE BELIEVE! It is good to know that these busts are appreciated and can in some small way take us back to that first film. I must admit that when I started these sculpts I was hoping that if they turned out well enough, I could photograph them and fill a placeholder that's been with me since I was a young kid. That I could get some of the images of these sculpts that Iooked just like the actors would have been something I would have given my right arm for as a kid. I could never find enough images of these characters back then, so the images I am now getting of the final busts are a big part of the incentive to finish them to the highest level I can.

Here's update on Chewbacca ...

Attachments

• DSCF8028.JPG
    DSCF8028.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 216
  • DSCF8030.JPG
    DSCF8030.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 227
  • DSCF8032.JPG
    DSCF8032.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 211
  • DSCF8033.JPG
    DSCF8033.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 223
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back