An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Okay, I have fixed all of the M60 issues. The sides now have the correct 1/35, while the small pit on top has the 1/48. They're all on the drive.
starboard top small pit copy.jpgStarboard sidewall rear 2 copy.jpg

A question regarding the Tamiya 1/35 Sherman MT118 kit.

It looks like the rear engine vents on the upper hull are used on the Docking Rings. But is the complete hull used anywhere else on the Falcon? Do I need to keep that hull intact? Or is it safe to just cut the vents out so I can cast them?

thanks

A question regarding the Tamiya 1/35 Sherman MT118 kit.

It looks like the rear engine vents on the upper hull are used on the Docking Rings. But is the complete hull used anywhere else on the Falcon? Do I need to keep that hull intact? Or is it safe to just cut the vents out so I can cast them?

thanks
Nope, you don't need the hull.

Hmmm...

My parts are the same, just not plated.

Possibly, and there are four of them, which would do one docking ring. But it seems odd they'd select a part that requires so much cutting down. It would have been faster to just make that part out of strip styrene.
1712274751308.png

1712274819824.png

Hmmm...

My parts are the same, just not plated.

Possibly, and there are four of them, which would do one docking ring. But it seems odd they'd select a part that requires so much cutting down. It would have been faster to just make that part out of strip styrene.
View attachment 1807115

View attachment 1807116
Do you have the Tamiya Sherman kit? I'd like to see how it fits on there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back