An RPF Open Source 5 ft Millennium Falcon Build/Reference Thread. All Are Welcome

Does anyone recognize this?

1711567484696.png

Lower rear of the starboard side Docking Ring. It may be a cut down part but I'm not sure.

thanks

Can someone refresh my brain please? Were the color Chronicles pictures after ANH filming? There is considerable difference around the sides of the engine in the color photos versus the black and white. Trying to nail down which is the ANH version.
I don’t know the dates of the Chronicle images, just noticed there are also small differences between the color images. In some a top engine flap is missing for instance, in others it‘s there. The b/w have all kinds of configurations of the gun turrets, so most likely not taken at the same day either. Hard to put them into a consistent timeline. The good thing this shows is that a ‚perfect‘ Falcon replica is most likely impossible, so we can stop bothering :p
Edit: Whops, did not recognize that the turret images on page 68 are actually top and bottom, so the b/w images might actually come from the same day. (Just for the 2 other people out there who care about this)
Edit2: Thanks Read for the translation you posted 2 years ago which I should have read more carefully:
“ black-and-white images are a valuable photographic record taken on October 30, 1978 by VFX Supervisor Dennis Murren“
So please ignore all my ignorant rumbling above :rolleyes:
Does anyone recognize this?

View attachment 1804094

Lower rear of the starboard side Docking Ring. It may be a cut down part but I'm not sure.

thanks
Sorry, no good clue currently :(

Last edited:
Uggg, those are not on my spreadsheet...

I may need to take you up on that casting. I thought I had purchased all the required $600+ kits. And honestly I'm getting a bit tired of buying full kits only to need one part. It really is a big waste of plastic.

Last edited:
Can someone refresh my brain please? Were the color Chronicles pictures after ANH filming? There is considerable difference around the sides of the engine in the color photos versus the black and white. Trying to nail down which is the ANH version.
Thanks for this question John that spawned a manugu reply and also contained Read’s re-quote. Turret “cap” swaps, flak damage and other things in photographs, maps and even the Bandai Falcon confuse me, or are missed, from time to time when it comes to which document is an accurate reference. Good homework is my goal. Rework acceptable if not insane.

I was at the show in Hamilton a couple of weekends ago, and while it's the largest show in the country, I was extremely disappointed with the vendor tables. Their idea of 'vintage kits' were Star Trek kits from the 1990s. I was one of the first in the doors, and went in with list of kits 5 pages long, I found zero of them.

I wish there were more shows near me. I went to one at an abandoned mall last year and found two kits I needed for good prices, but it was mostly cars. Is there somewhere one the web to find a list of shows by state?

I managed to find a Bandai 1/15 Stug for $120 at a model show last fall, and exactly ONE other kit I needed, with about 10 vendor tables and hundreds of used kits to choose from. We have a model train show coming up next weekend, and I’m hoping to find something there. Other than that, I think we just have a couple fall shows in Edmonton & Calgary.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back