AMT Millennium Falcon Build in Pictures 56K Die

After a long while got around to finish my Falcon as I have started building the Hasbro hero one and collecting Deago issues as well.

In this video you can see how the motion sensor turns the lights on and off.
[video]https://youtu.be/ctoKUCTE7tw[/video]

Thank you for watching!

That's fantastic! I'm really curious about those running lights. Are those some kind of clear inserts? Acrylic rod? Flat head LEDs? What is that? How? I've been staring at these pictures for 30 minutes and I just can't figure it out. I've never seen anything like it. I hope you don't mind sharing that nifty trick. I've got a MPC/Falcon Kits on the bench literally right now with 40 5mm/3mm LEDs and I'm really struggling with how I'm going to arrange them. I was going to use aluminum tubing and maybe try to sand down the plastic so the light would shine through - I'm looking to get that flat surface like you achieved. Whatever you did, it's perfect. Please do share.

Outer Space Outfitter cockpit panels? Or homemade prints? Great paint job too. Awesome job. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super inspired. I have to know how you did that. I've been beating my brain trying to figure out how to avoid just having LEDs poking through holes.

Wow.

Last edited:
That's fantastic! I'm really curious about those running lights. Are those some kind of clear inserts? Acrylic rod? Flat head LEDs? What is that? How? I've been staring at these pictures for 30 minutes and I just can't figure it out. I've never seen anything like it. I hope you don't mind sharing that nifty trick. I've got a MPC/Falcon Kits on the bench literally right now with 40 5mm/3mm LEDs and I'm really struggling with how I'm going to arrange them. I was going to use aluminum tubing and maybe try to sand down the plastic so the light would shine through - I'm looking to get that flat surface like you achieved. Whatever you did, it's perfect. Please do share.

Outer Space Outfitter cockpit panels? Or homemade prints? Great paint job too. Awesome job. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super inspired. I have to know how you did that. I've been beating my brain trying to figure out how to avoid just having LEDs poking through holes.

Wow.

Thank you very much :)

These things are shelving supports I got at Hope Depot:
61jIBYjESpL._SL1020_.jpg

The picture is not exactly what I have used, but very close. The round parts were cut out and a holes made inside to house LEDs. I am going to use flat head LEDs this time for my Hasbro build. But really you can just take an acrylic rod with the diameter big enough to make a hole to put an LED inside. Then, drill holes where lights should be in the hull of Falcon and make sure the fit is tight if you put a bit of acrylic rod in. It will serve as an LED housing. Mask inside of the rods and paint the inside of the hull with light reflective paint (black, silver etc.). Insert the LEDs into the pieces of the rod, then apply hot glue to secure it from the inside of the ship. For the smaller diameter lights I was warming up fibers until they start to melt and become sort of blob-ish, then use that part to embed it into the hull of the Falcon. Same idea as for fiber optic light installation for gun sights. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much :)

These things are shelving supports I got at Hope Depot:
View attachment 540183

The picture is not exactly what I have used, but very close. The round parts were cut out and a holes made inside to house LEDs. I am going to use flat head LEDs this time for my Hasbro build. But really you can just take an acrylic rod with the diameter big enough to make a hole to put an LED inside. Then, drill holes where lights should be in the hull of Falcon and make sure the fit is tight if you put a bit of acrylic rod in. It will serve as an LED housing. Mask inside of the rods and paint the inside of the hull with light reflective paint (black, silver etc.). Insert the LEDs into the pieces of the rod, then apply hot glue to secure it from the inside of the ship. For the smaller diameter lights I was warming up fibers until they start to melt and become sort of blob-ish, then use that part to embed it into the hull of the Falcon. Same idea as for fiber optic light installation for gun sights. Hope this helps!

Well that does help a lot. I can find various sizes of acrylic rod on ebay. I never thought of acrylic. The idea about warming the fibers may work as well. Again, inspiring. Thanks, dude!

Excellent work. It's always nice to see people turn that AMT kit into a great display piece with a little bit of tweaking and a top notch paint job

Thank you for the comments guys. Much appreciated. I know it is far from perfect but I was too lazy and maybe not enough motivated to make her look right. Hoping to achieve better results with my Hasbro built.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back