AMT 18 inch model guidance

For those rear nacelle parts don't cut them too close, cut just along the top edge of the grills. Then use a needle file to file out material from between the grills.

For those rear nacelle parts don't cut them too close, cut just along the top edge of the grills. Then use a needle file to file out material from between the grills.

I'll give it a shot. I think I need to get new files for this, the ones I have are too thick. (about 3mm). Do you know of a source for extra thin files? The thinnest I've found online so far are 2mm and that's probably still too thick.

As I mentioned in my previous update, I finished sanding down the nacelles and they were ready for putty. I used Milliput (first time using this brand) on one of them with a couple small dimples and a fairly decent hole where it was cut from the sprue. After sanding it down, it's looking good. In the future I'll cut further from the sprue and just sand it down.

I'm pretty pleased with Milliput, so I went ahead and puttied up the secondary hull and the other nacelle. I tried to level the sides with the deflector mount and fill the small gap left from the warped lower secondary hull. Hopefully this will look good once it's dry and sanded.

I found these in the beaded jewelry section at Michaels last week and grabbed them up quick:

Needle Files

They're pretty small, about 4 inches long. And I got them for under 5 bucks with my 40% off coupon!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back