Am I The Only One Who Did Not Like Worf In Deep Space Nine ?????

trekcolencc1701

FYI this is going to be a negative discussion…..You've been warned ( no back and forth arguments please )

I love DS9,, and when Worf came into play he seemed to be a screw up in almost every episode, I mean I punched and fought with several Allied Jem-Hadar soldiers. Almost Killed a fellow Klingon over a sacred Bath'leh. He hacked the artificial weather grid on Risa, And worst of all…….

His relationship and marriage to Jadzia Dax !!!!!

Remember the countless episodes where he would insult and upset Jadzia and then she would forgive him on the spot ????

Yeah Worf you almost destroyed Risa but I forgive you….Come On Really ????

The relationship was all cheesy and fake, And then she says she will marry him…. Nooooooooo !!!!

He was great In TNG and had his moments in DS9 but I still have grown to dislike him mainly because that he married Jadzia ;(, and because he should of gotten kicked out of Star Fleet for disorderly conduct several times.

And then of course he starts to get better towards the end but I still didi not think highly of him. ( I do not hate him or whatever, I just did not like him on the show as much as some)

After all Jadzia and Bashir would of been a awesome relationship and would of been realistic and genuine ( after all Bashir was after her from the first episode )

Well What Do You Think ???

I love Michael Dorn and hope to see him at the 50th Con in Vegas, So no Bad feelings to him personally or his character in TNG and the Movies, Just a little disappointed with him in DS9

Also with countless rants and raves and arguments going across posts if there is one it will be deleted, so no bickering ( Yes Mom….)

Live Long And Prosper

Well, I must admit that I didn't give the show much of a chance, so I can't speak about Worf since I don't even recall him being in it. It just turned me off right off the bat. Nothing about it held my interest. It's been a while so I don't remember much about it, though.

I admit, I gave up on Ds9 early.

The whole bajoran religious aspect bored me greatly. and the ploy of working worf into Ds9 made me curious.

I think it got a little better because it made the klingons take center stage a bit more in some episodes, and the bajorans took a welcome back seat.
But all in all, I think it saved the show.

But I agree. the relationship with jadzia felt....not right. poor bashir should have been with jadzia from the start. when he went after, and got dax 2.0 in the last season, it just felt....weird and in bad taste since it was still technically the same character deep down. plus, that all happened so fast within an episode or two as I remember. that hookup was just as bad as jadzia and worf.

I don't think 7 of 9 saved Voyager...since Voyager was a doomed ship from the start with no one REALLY wanting to take it to it's full potential, and instead 'play it safe'.
it was just more of the same. But I think that Worf definitely had an influence in 'saving' DS9. along with the addition of the defiant.

I admit, I gave up on Ds9 early.

The whole bajoran religious aspect bored me greatly. and the ploy of working worf into Ds9 made me curious.

I don't think 7 of 9 saved Voyager...since Voyager was a doomed ship from the start with no one REALLY wanting to take it to it's full potential, and instead 'play it safe'.
it was just more of the same. But I think that Worf definitely had an influence in 'saving' DS9. along with the addition of the defiant.

Yeah my friend said the same thing about the Prophets how it was just too much, and all that and he said that all that made a big impact on Avery Brooks himself, and literally made him insane in real life.

Oh and also same as T'Pol of Enterprise and 7 of 9 from Voyager, us guys know exactly why they came into play :)

Worf started out as a dick, but he did get better. Overall, I liked his relationship with Jadzia and I did not like the Jadzia/Bashir dynamic one bit. He was "that guy" who was constantly trying too hard to get into her pants which made him kind of creepy, frankly.

For me, my favorite character from DS9 was, hands down, Elim Garrak.

Add me to the "never cared for DS9" boat. I heard it got MUCH better later in the series but I've tried several times and damn if I can get through the first couple seasons.

I'll have to try again some day. :lol

I did like Worf in TNG though once the character was developed.

Shame on you, and if you are a Trekkie, your privilages have been revoked!

Add me to the "never cared for DS9" boat. I heard it got MUCH better later in the series but I've tried several times and damn if I can get through the first couple seasons.

I'll have to try again some day. :lol

I did like Worf in TNG though once the character was developed.

Nope, NO EXCUSES!

If I had to suffer through Voyager and Enterprise you gonna have to man up and get through DS-9! ;)

Suck it up and start in on it, watch "The Pale Moonlight" so you can see one of the best characters on the show Garak

Dude. First few seasons of DS9 are WEAK on almost all fronts. :lol

It's better than Voyager but that's it. I even preferred Enterprise, at least they went somewhere!

Loved Worf and Ds-9 was THE last Trek for me!

I liked this post, but misunderstood it a tad.

Nope, NO EXCUSES!

If I had to suffer through Voyager and Enterprise you gonna have to man up and get through DS-9! ;)

Suck it up and start in on it, watch "The Pale Moonlight" so you can see one of the best characters on the show Garak

Voyager & Enterprise were cool too :darnkids

I'm on season 5 of DS9 at the moment, on my yearly re-run trek marathon :D

Voyager was the little trek that could'nt for me, Enterprise EEYIKES!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Ds-9 was the last great trek series for me, instead of playing it safe they took so many chances.

Quark, Odo, Garek, so many fantastic Actors giving amazing performances.

Dude. First few seasons of DS9 are WEAK on almost all fronts. :lol

It's better than Voyager but that's it. I even preferred Enterprise, at least they went somewhere!

I said this in the Enterprise thread the other day, but... Except for maybe TOS, Trek shows need a season or two to figure out what it's even supposed to be. Including TNG. The first two of TNG seasons are weak sauce compared to what came after.

Now I'm not trying to convince you of anything... If DS9 isn't your cup of Earl Gray, so be it... But for me: once it had a couple seasons under its belt and figured out what to be, it really shined.

And the Klingons got really popular during that era as well. I remember going to a con and the Klingons had a whole wing of the hotel to themselves. DS9 really explored other races more than previous shows, especially Klingons, Cardasians, Bejorans, and Trill.

Also we got (for a few years anyway) Quarks bar in Vegas. Which was pretty awesome as a trekkie.

I always saw Worf as trying waaaay to hard to be Klingon. I loved when he had to serve with Klingons and they shoved it in his face . being Klingon is not Anger as the only emotion . it seems he learned nothing . as he still was the same in DS9 . I did not dislike him it was Worf being Worf to me .

I said this in the Enterprise thread the other day, but... Except for maybe TOS, Trek shows need a season or two to figure out what it's even supposed to be. Including TNG. The first two of TNG seasons are weak sauce compared to what came after.

I hear ya, and you aren't wrong. But for me, compared to the first couple of DS9 seasons the weak TNG seasons look like Lawrence of Arabia. :lol

Now I'm not trying to convince you of anything... If DS9 isn't your cup of Earl Gray, so be it... But for me: once it had a couple seasons under its belt and figured out what to be, it really shined.

One of these days I'll give it another go. :thumbsup

And the Klingons got really popular during that era as well. I remember going to a con and the Klingons had a whole wing of the hotel to themselves. DS9 really explored other races more than previous shows, especially Klingons, Cardasians, Bejorans, and Trill.

I could REALLY do without the Bejorans... :lol

DS9 was weak at first, but once it got going and Sisko became Hawk in Space and pulled both a Picard and Riker and grew a Beard of Awesome and went Bald of Awesome, it got better. Things REALLY kicked into high gear when the Dominion came on the scene and DS9 went from peacenik hippies in space to all out war. Some of the best episodes of Trek all around came from this era.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back