Aliens Pulse Rife Questions

the only problem I Imagine at the moment. is putting the pump handle slot/groove to paper. or any other indentation that's not a hole. there would be no way to tell depth or shape...

A good clean stencil would be more than adequate for most, although micro measurements would appease the rivet counters amount us.

As to parts of the SPAS cage being recessed/raised and such, in pep designer they can be separated as individual parts to be glued during assembly. I dare say anyone actually putting an M41a together will most likely have referance pics to go by, or make a simple assembly diagram to go with the pep file to show what gets glued where perhaps.

the only problem I Imagine at the moment. is putting the pump handle slot/groove to paper. or any other indentation that's not a hole. there would be no way to tell depth or shape...
I am in total agreement with that...I was just about to say...I tried with a regular piece of paper , playing with that idea....and its a no go with the paper trick, due to the fact of those grooves go in and round off into the channel where the pump handle slides.....very difficult to even attempt something , close to accurate , this way !!!

This needs a mold casting , or someone with some serious engineering experience , cause I cant see how , this would even be right without precision tooling to make it accurate, and pleasant for any builder ...the real one is a bad enough pain in the neck when trying to get all the guns mounted together from drilling tapping and bolting the grenade launcher...believe me, I know....LOL...it wasn't fun at all for me the first time around !!!....LOL

unless you have something with a milling bit. and able to raise lower and travel. it's not going to be pleasant. I would just think that it wouldn't be that hard to make a diagram. the 3D artist we have here could put an elephant through a key hole...

Well I would be willing to release this Spas 12 cage to the right trusted person , who wants to take on this project of dimensions and sizes , I have no problem with that , but need someone expertise to make this happen for other collectors....thoughts ?????????

I don't see why you would have to release it to anyone guy. i would think just knowing the width of the holes height of the holes. distance from each other. length of the cage height of the cage hole spacing from top to the next row. etc etc. if you had that I would think a 2D artist could whip up a diagram pretty easy. but that's just a thought of mine. no were near a rocket scientist am I.

I don't see why you would have to release it to anyone guy. i would think just knowing the width of the holes height of the holes. distance from each other. length of the cage height of the cage hole spacing from top to the next row. etc etc. if you had that I would think a 2D artist could whip up a diagram pretty easy. but that's just a thought of mine. no were near a rocket scientist am I.
Well I'm not a scientist either...LOL .....so I can send you close up detail photos....thru to you, Sean ....PM coming your way

Question please. why does this pic look like this area is at an angle? I thought that would be strait.

img3L_zpsnbxc2rqn.JPG

OK sean . I just created a private album , under my name and picture Avatar , below are photo albums , and it has 9 pictures of the Spas 12 cage , as references , so let me know if those will help..It will be labeled as SPAS 12 Cage on the new album...thanks

Thanks man. I will check it. shoot ! that angle alone throws me a small curve In my thinking of the cage.

Those pics help allot. I was thinking the angle was on the side . but it looks to be on the back of the cage. make's more sense..

Those pics help allot. I was thinking the angle was on the side . but it looks to be on the back of the cage. make's more sense..
Glad to help...we will work on details slowly, as you said before....we can do this over a period of time....,... and hope we get more help on this project from others, as well later . Would be nice t have these duplicated for a lower cost alternative , to those who cant find a real rare, Spas 12 cage, and it could be an exact copy.....it could help a few people , so that's something to start with....LOL

I hear ya man. I would love to help out with this. and I have plenty of ideas. now if they go anywhere Is a different story. thanks again for the Pic's Guy...:thumbsup

definatly try spatcave for the rounds hthey have a good reputation to keep and if they wrte not good no one would buy them so give them a try ,

Ok I gave sean some info , on my real spas 12 cage, with some sizes and dimensions, for the slots , width , thickness , and other info, and several pictures at his disposal, so , hopefully with some folks , he knows and I hope people I know, want to try and come up with a gameplan to actually figure out how to fabricate this Spas cage somehow.....lets all hope for the best , cause if this can be attempted, then this will help a few in the future, but this is something that will take a while, I'm sure....these are rare, and getting harder to get these days

There's something i'm a little lost on. the parts I see for pulse rifle's. the barrel vent and the front piece that holds the barrel. there made separate. but in this picture it looks to be one piece to me. now I know there were a few different one's made. but if everyone wants hero. why the two separate parts?

Pulse-Rifle-Aliens-scene.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back