Aliens Pulse Rife Questions

Yes, I did paint the GL. As far is paint rubbing off when you rack it, I don't know. You would have to ask the current owner. I sold the gun earlier this year.

I understand what your talking about as far casting parts, but be careful as it come dangerously close to be considered "recasting" which is a no-no on this forum.

Thanks for the advice man, I'll be sure not to cross that line :) and I think I'll probably work with my dad on machining some metal parts for the barrell, stock etc. In the meantime now I have to sit on my hands for a few days until everything arrives.

Last edited:
Okay it arrived, I am actually impressed by the overall quality. Unlike other airsoft guns I have purchased in the past, t's a very solid and well made build, it actually exceeded my expectations. The pistol grip does seem to move around a little though even though the bolt holding it in place appears to be on rather tight, did you have any issue with that on your one? I'll begin stripping it down in a couple of days and sending parts over to my dad in Wales so he can machine some. There is one thing I think I am going to add to this if I can and that is the magazine release buttons on either side, I'd rather them work in reverse order i.e. being stuck to the gun and then fastening to the magazine bottom.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a pulse rifle question I would like to ask. doe's anyone know or have heard of a pattern for the Spas cage? unfolded 2D correct holes and such?

If anyone can do it or have one , is beyond my knowledge there....interesting question....I have another real spas 12 cage , that hasn't had any modifications to it yet.....not sure how I could get a pattern set made from it , if anyone has ideas...I would be glad to help in some way !!! like Ripley said " ITS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE "......LOL

Fella "Obiwan Kowalski" did a hand drawing that was damn good.
This is his thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/pulse-rifle-2-0-scratch-built-spas-cage-232028/?highlight=scratch+spas+cage

He shot it over to me so I could check it out and provide feedback. I printed it 1:1 scale then did a "rubbing" using a red pencil with the paper over the top of my un-modified SPAS cage. He did a great job. It may be worth touching base with him.

Hey Thank's man.I totally appreciate the heads up. and will soot him a PM.

If anyone can do it or have one , is beyond my knowledge there....interesting question....I have another real spas 12 cage , that hasn't had any modifications to it yet.....not sure how I could get a pattern set made from it , if anyone has ideas...I would be glad to help in some way !!! like Ripley said " ITS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE "......LOL

Making a cage pattern isn't a bad idea actually, and it could be done.

To do it there needs to be lots of pics of the cage from different angles beside a ruler for referance, it can then be modeled in 3D which can be unfolded for printing templates.

2-2.5mm styrene sheet would probably be plenty strong enough to make it from while remaining thin like the original too.

If you can provide the pics, I'll make some enquiries into the 3D moddeling as I happen to know a couple guys I can ask who might help in that area ;)

I Have almost all the real parts here is my stash for a 2nd pulse rifle....here are a few pictures of what I have currently
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=441447&d=1424484077
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
If that will work, but if there is a way to get actual measurements with a caliper, and all dimensions.....would that help someone here...trying to figure out who I can trust to do this with my rare Spas 12 ......I am not a wizard , when it comes to getting precise measurements !!!...If there is someone who is absolutely a long time member and has the techniques and knowledge , to find it useful then I can send it..... I do not want to send this to anyone , afraid it will be taken.....by some regular joe, who claims good intentions...I need someone with reputable background , and then I will send t to have it scanned , etc.

How about finding a local engineering shop near you and see if they will take the measurements?

I kinda like the styrene idea.

I borrowed the concept from pepacura as I reckon it could be transposed for use with styrene. A lot of weapon chassis and parts could be made using pep files without needing the tabs as styrene is easily bonded. It also has the advantage in that any parts that should be curved, or most any other complex 3d shape can be heated with a heat gun or in the oven and made to conform to it's proper shape while its soft without the laborious sanding/filling/sanding/filling (add infinitum) that normally goes with smoothing pepacura parts and glue as normal.

Styrene is also a stable material in that it doesn't shrink/expand when heated up so the dimentuons of the cut parts always remains the same after treatment.

In that case it's pics with a ruler. Lightwave and many other 3D programs can accurately trace pics and having a ruler allows to make them to scale.

If we can get a near perfect paper stencil that can be printed to size. and given out freely. then why do we need all the micro measuring?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back