Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Realized I never posted pictures of the finished shirts:

20120607_015258.jpg

20120607_232616.jpg

I wore my jacket to SDCC but didn't see any other ALIEN costumes. Would like to have see your shirt. Kane's suit was the highlight of course!

OK Everyone who's posted here on this Thread! You have caused me to "come out of the closet"! I confess here and now that as a former closet geek that I could no longer bear it!
I went on Ebay and bought "the jacket" Size 8 from England, made in Sept 2000, yes its in the darker green and no dye process done. I then bought the patches thru Ebay including that 4" Weyland patch in Black & Gold. I put the Gold Wings above that Weyland patch over the exsisting velcro to give it depth.
To validate my confession go to ebay and see my comments posted in the Intergalatic Trading Co - dated 18JUL! Please note the Dallas comment on the Wings-LOL Thanks everyone for the inspiration and seeing those pics-simply awesome!
The work done by you folks will inspire others and my wife asked "Are you going to really wear that out in public" My reply-Yes indeed!!
By the way I am interested in those panels for the sleeves and the letters for the back-If I can purchase them thru someone please email me-
Again thanks for inspiring me (and others) to create!!

Last edited:
I have managed to get hold of a size 8 Mk3, and most of the requisite patches recently. Thus, I'm also in the market for the compression lacings and rear lettering if they are available to buy. Cheers for any help...

Hey, everyone. I am brand new here.

I am putting together a Parker outfit and am just wondering if you guys see Parker's aviator jacket as black and beat-up, or Brown and beat up with enough stains to make it look black. The yellow lettering on the back is screwing with my eyes.

Also, can anyone confirm that all Parker has on the jacket are a set of blue WY wings, 2 dark Nostromo patches and the stenciling on the back?

Last edited:
Hey, everyone. I am brand new here.

I am putting together a Parker outfit and am just wondering if you guys see Parker's aviator jacket as black and beat-up, or Brown and beat up with enough stains to make it look black. The yellow lettering on the back is screwing with my eyes.

Also, can anyone confirm that all Parker has on the jacket are a set of blue WY wings, 2 dark Nostromo patches and the stenciling on the back?
It's Brown and "salty". Yes, the Lower Ranks light blue Weylan-Yutani Company emblem, and Dark Blue Nostromo patches on the sleeves. Yellow stenciling of "Nostromo" on the back. Somewhere on this thread, a photo of the Original costume jacket appears. That's where I saw it, and can confirm these details.

Last edited:
hi, all! wish i joined this community years ago!
this thread is stupendous, and so helpful! trying to come up with a general Nostromo crew costume for this year's Halloween. worried about not getting everything done in time!
does SG-RB (Randy, from San Diego) no longer post around these parts? is he still available and selling his goods? i'll try to see if i can message him.
i hope i can come up with something neat to share on here. but i know i'll never get it as great as you talented veterans! thanks for your inspirations! :)

I hit the jackpot... or so I thought. I won a great looking, broken-in brown A2 leather flight jacket on eBay for $25.

Now, the listing said it had a smell like cigarette smoke that would have to be aired-out. I got it yesterday, and it would have been more accurate had it said that it smells like it had been in a house fire. It absolutely reeks of smoke. It stunk-up my office for 20 minutes just taking it out of the box briefly to try it on.

So does anyone have a tip for getting the smell of apocalyptic hellfire out of a leather garment? One that doesn't involve me sending it out to a cleaner for 3 weeks and $60 to have it professionally treated?

Also, I will need to put 'Nostromo' on the back of this thing, and I don't know the best way to do it on leather. I know a guy with a silk-screening shop, but would silk-screening even work on leather? Does anyone have a stencil I can use or know of a maker who can do something that will work on this jacket?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back