Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Not based on Dickie's right? Looks like a nice linen fabric?

Yeah, picked up four yards of a linen blend from my local Joann fabric. Turned out to be just enough for two shirts. (It's going to wrinkle up nicely!)

Not bad for two days work and not really having a pattern to go off of.

I'm having the hardest time finding brass snap fasteners from someone who can ship them to me in time.

Anyone know a good supplier?

Found these on line, not a match, obviously, but made me wonder if the original pants might have been some sort of military issue.

2njesfs.jpg

In much better news...

H&M in the UK (and perhaps other places too) have a casual jacket in stock at the moment, which appears to have an almost identical cut to our beloved MK3 flight jackets. It's not perfect in every respect (purists would want to add epaulettes, zips and cuff velcro), but it has two attractive features: One, it only costs £30, and two, it's the right colour (albeit in a darker shade - a few hot washes should take care of that).

Sorry I can't post pics, I saw it instore and assumed it would be on the web (of course it isn't).

Not bad for low budget jobs or spares, anyway...

Well I finally got off my backside an finished my jacket.

7166487589_db1ccd8dd0_b.jpg

After applying the stencil decal I shot some flat clear to help seal the edges.
Then I tried some spray can yellow, should have used white first as the yellow didn't show very well.
I let it sit a few hours than just hand painted it with Liquitex yellow.

I'd like to thank the following members for making this possible.

MacGyverSG10, for the jacket.
Merliner, for the patches.
Mike Rush, for the stencil.
And to everyone else for the research put into this project.

Last edited:
I started this project in March and so far I've got the laces, piping and patches applied. It's a 2001 model so it's OD with green buttons. I like the color so no dye job for this one. Laces are sewn on. I left the pen pocket on and functional. I used a fabric glue on the laces over the pocket. Also trimmed off the excess strands on the patches.

e37a8c32.jpg

Took a screen cap from an HD source and sampled the colors in photoshop. It appears to me the collar piping is white or off-white, and not pink like the shirts.

a0965bdf.jpg

I hope I'm wrong since I didn't get this info until after I applied the piping. I found pink piping but the wrong shade [top] and it wouldn't bleach.
So I got white [bottom] and used some magenta ink jet ink and water to lightly dye it a pale pink [middle]. I'm going to knock it down further with some light weathering.

b31cdb0c.jpg

For the lettering on the back I made a stencil on my vinyl plotter. I used a light cool-gray acrylic paint and misted a light green over it.

4198b2aa.jpg

Lastly will be Merliner's silver Kane wings.

I also have a 'Brett' style jacket project I'll post soon.

Found these on line, not a match, obviously, but made me wonder if the original pants might have been some sort of military issue.

2njesfs.jpg

Those are British. The small pocket on the left top and the way the belt loops are buttoned give it away. They're 60s or 70s issue. Let me do some digging and identify the exact model.

Those are British. The small pocket on the left top and the way the belt loops are buttoned give it away. They're 60s or 70s issue. Let me do some digging and identify the exact model.

Label apparently says "NIET DROOGKUISEN NE PAS NETTOYER A SEC"
"A.B.L. 1967 BEGETEX P.V.B.A. M.2D 7075/7085

Well I finally got off my backside an finished my jacket.

7166487589_db1ccd8dd0_b.jpg

After applying the stencil decal I shot some flat clear to help seal the edges.
Then I tried some spray can yellow, should have used white first as the yellow didn't show very well.
I let it sit a few hours than just hand painted it with Liquitex yellow.

I'd like to thank the following members for making this possible.

MacGyverSG10, for the jacket.
Merliner, for the patches.
Mike Rush, for the stencil.
And to everyone else for the research put into this project.

Nicely done E, and you are most welcome. It looks really good!!

-Mac

Not a bad work-around on the piping Banzai88 - they do sell light pink piping, but it is harder to find. I ordered a bunch online thru eBAY the last time I found it, but yours will do nicely, too.

-Mac

Thanks--good to know. With the DIY method you get the exact shade you want.

Not a bad work-around on the piping Banzai88 - they do sell light pink piping, but it is harder to find. I ordered a bunch online thru eBAY the last time I found it, but yours will do nicely, too.

-Mac

If anyone is planning the shirt/pants I saw these white linen pieces at OLD NAVY. They look like a good base to start.

4ac70482.jpg

ca8389c0.jpg

Label apparently says "NIET DROOGKUISEN NE PAS NETTOYER A SEC"
"A.B.L. 1967 BEGETEX P.V.B.A. M.2D 7075/7085

Sorry for bumping this, but these are quite possibly a Dutch or South African copy of British Pattern 50 combat trousers. If not, they are really, really close. Pattern 50 was used from the early 1950s to the mid-60s and, of course, is harder to find in the States.

This link has pictures of Pattern 50 and while he does not have pics of the cuffs, he notes that they are secured by a drawstring.

http://josephs-militaria-and-homefront-collection.co.uk/PAGE47.HTML

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back