AKIRA experimental laser rifle

OMG! i have recently begun building props as well as i can, but your Akira laser rifle is awesome! you wouldnt by chance have made any building plans!?

Beautiful work man! I'm glad you put together the account to share it! Always loved that prop, and you've done it plenty of justice.

I gotsta agree with Spike on the version tho:
...I think the Film version is more streamlined and looks like something the Military would actaully be using.

I forget which workshop made it but there's an awesome rendition of the film version in the Mechanix magazine that was built for a photoshoot.

Here's the thread where y'all discussed that.

My GOD Man that is the MOST AWESOME prop build !!! :eek WWooowww !!

It is soooo cool. :love:love

What other props have you built?

Show us your props !! :love Oh yeah - show us MORE !!

This can't be your only build - Lets see them :lol

Gordon

WOW! I love Akira! I never would have thought I would see a prop made from this movie besides the jacket. Well done!

This is awesome! Like everyone else, I'm amazed that this hasn't been done before, but you did an excellent job doing it! And awesome weathering job! I'd love to see more of it man, might even attempt one for myself one of these years.

Thanks for sharing!

Hello all! great to finally register here and amongst it all - last year I built a 1:1 Scale replica of the laser rifle from the seminal manga and anime AKIRA. I used the manga version as it was more detailed than the pared down cartoon version. It's a weighty piece and comes apart in the centre for storage as well as the power pack being detachable.

Very nice build!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back