Ahsoka Tano (with final pics)

Re: Ahsoka Tano progress

Ah. I see what you're saying. I was recommending trimming back the rubber and not trying to cover the eyebrows with it at all. Just using the wax.

Ah. I see what you're saying. I was recommending trimming back the rubber and not trying to cover the eyebrows with it at all. Just using the wax.

I wouldn't trim it too much because then she's going to have issues with the cap not fitting tightly. Because I used Dragon Skin on it, the piece conforms tightly to the user and doesn't have to be glued down really. It fits nice and snuggly because the material stretches. If she cuts off the forehead piece, it's not going to do that anymore.

Oh.my.god. Well you've all got me sort of panicked now with the varying opinions.

The forehead part doesn't come low enough to cover my brows away. So I think I will still use the silicone to blend the edge of the forehead and then use the wax on my actual eyebrows to deal with that part.

I don't foresee myself sweating much because I'll be indoors in A/C and not wearing a whole heck of a lot else with this costume. Also, I'm almost always cold.

I'm blown away that people like the leather parts I did for Natasha. I really don't consider myself at the level of artists I see here on the RPF.

I would be willing to make some of the parts for people, but the arms and legs would be difficult to create blind for someone. I custom drew up the patterns to fit Natasha specifically. She's been able to come over a few times as I was working on them to make sure of the fit and have her there to wet form them a little to fit her shin and arm.

The tabard and belt are easy to do since they don't have to be custom tailored or drafted. And I have the pattern and template for the tabard and pouch now.

Thanks. I didn't see anything on your website about this costume. Do you have info on how you did yours or pics?

yeah sorry, my website is two years out of date >.>

Here's a photo of mine that I wore two years ago at D*C:

2834342549_02a373fd90-1.jpg

Mine was thrown together last minute...I think in a month or so when I suddenly decided I wanted to have Ahsoka for D*C as the cartoon had just come out. We bought a hide of leather and just kinda figured everything out on our own...wetting and shaping the leather and all that, it was a fun process to figure out.

~Victoria

Wonderflex actually. The poor man's option when casting and latex isn't affordable XD I'd love to cast it in latex, but then as now, it's too costly an option. The bf sculpted and formed the headpiece by hand, and painted it too.

Oh yeah, unless they changed the design in the new season of Clone Wars...I haven't been watching >.>....there aren't two hanging strings of beads on either side of Ahsoka's head. There's just one hanging string of beads on the right hand side. On the left hand side the beads actually go underneath her back head tail and connect to the string of beads on the right.

~Victoria

Well it looks really good, even if it isn't latex.

I used the official LFL actor that they had photos of at an event for the reference on the beads. So her's are wrong too then I suppose. Lol. Oh well, I'm too lazy to change mine now and I like how they look anyway. :)

Yeah it depends what you're using as your source for accuracy.

Are you talking about the Disney World face character that they've used at SDCC and other places for appearances? Or some other official LFL girl? I assumed there was only one. The Disney World Face character had some random small differences between her costume and the actual cartoon design, like with the appearance of the belt tabbard. But she also only has the long string of beads on one side:

3582986422_4dd7367368.jpg

It doesn't look like they have the string of beads going under her back tail piece like in the cartoon, but the string on the left side stops at the large round bead, so it's half as long as the right side string of beads:

3596976546_f74ba8199d_o.jpg

On my headpiece, after the round large bead is where the rest of the bead string goes under the tail to connect to the other side.

~Victoria

I'm really disappointed we missed this costume and Dustin's Starkiller costume at C5. It would've been nice to see in person. I don't know though, maybe we did see a glance of the costumes and just didn't realize it was you guys so we didn't bother examining closer.

I didn't really look like me at all so I guess that would be confusing from a distance. Also, I couldn't even hardly recognize Dustin with his hair cut either. I lost him like 5 times and he was only standing 20 feet away from me. I kept looking for someone with longer hair. :lol

Last edited:

Looks like it all turned out really nice!

I feel bad, if you hadn't used a bald cap before, I should have warned you what a pain it can be ^^' My face is always so red and sensitive afterwards because of the spirit gum. That, and removing the airbrush paint is why I don't like to do this outfit that much.

Airbrushing is always the way to go! I did creme makeup the first time, but then switched to airbrushing. Stays on so much better and looks better. You look great, like you really are that color! XD

Looks like it all turned out really nice!

I feel bad, if you hadn't used a bald cap before, I should have warned you what a pain it can be ^^' My face is always so red and sensitive afterwards because of the spirit gum. That, and removing the airbrush paint is why I don't like to do this outfit that much.

Airbrushing is always the way to go! I did creme makeup the first time, but then switched to airbrushing. Stays on so much better and looks better. You look great, like you really are that color! XD

Applying the bald cap was more of a pain than removing it. I actually didn't have problems removing the Prosaide adhesive or the airbrush paint. I used a product from the site that I bought the paint off of. Reel Creations - Item Details

This stuff is a life saver! I went from being orange to being all cleaned up and showered in an hour. Not too bad at all!

Angelo, your daughter looks great! I'm so glad that you both were happy with the headpiece. So sorry I didn't run into you at CV though! I really wanted to see it in person!

Natasha, here's a few shots of your Ahsoka from CV:

33492_682859756516_10512623_38231326_282081_n.jpg

40030_682859531966_10512623_38231311_5760696_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back