5th Element Stones - Legit?

LadyAislinn

So I found this set of stones for sale that I think might be from way back in the day when the movie was released. They are purportedly signed by Milla as well as numbered. I was going to upload a photo but can't seem to figure out how to =P Does anyone know if there was a set released that had edition numbers printed on the side of one of the stone? This one says 143 on the top side of water.

gr.jpg

Here's a signature to compare against.

Those look like they came from The Fifth Element, 4 Element Stone Prop Replica Set, Solid Resin, Limited Edition .

I'm not even sure they have a license to produce them. Normally something numbered comes with a document or card and would not generally be carved in the side of the prop along with a person's name. The signature looks carved in, so it would be impossible to prove if Jovovitch carved it unless someone had a photo of her doing so with the same prop.

It's not usual that an actor/actress would misspell or misprint their own name.

TazMan2000

After the signature I posted didn't match, I went back to google images and looked at multiple examples of her signature. They are all over the place. No consistency at all. You'd have to have an expert say if the signature is right. (and yes, that's Sharpie)

Oh, and I would read that as

To : Kilika 143

Kilika is a Final Fantasy reference, not a real world name.
So, just a screen name, not a number 143 piece.

Last edited:
Those look like they came from The Fifth Element, 4 Element Stone Prop Replica Set, Solid Resin, Limited Edition .

I'm not even sure they have a license to produce them. Normally something numbered comes with a document or card and would not generally be carved in the side of the prop along with a person's name. The signature looks carved in, so it would be impossible to prove if Jovovitch carved it unless someone had a photo of her doing so with the same prop.

It's not usual that an actor/actress would misspell or misprint their own name.

TazMan2000
Also ReelArt are well known recasters. Boo to them.

Oh, and I would read that as

To : Kilika 143

Kilika is a Final Fantasy reference, not a real world name.
So, just a screen name, not a number 143 piece.
143 = I Love You. So
'Kilika I Love You' ? :D

Oh, very interesting and good to know =). This is for sale for $500 and I'm tempted, but no COA.
That's a bit much for these I'd think, unless Milla's autograph is worth that much (and you can verify it's authentic)...

Also note, that the unsigned one in that photo is broken in at least 3 places like it's been dropped more than once.
But unless it's the signature you want more than the stones, I'd definitely pass on those...
The signature is tough to verify using online resources (and I'm not an expert at that anyway), but I can't find any signature with an 'M' like that, or her last name written out like that... But then they are almost all signatures on photographs which are easier to sign than something awkwardly shaped like this... Still, I'd be cautious...

Eh, that doesn't really add much value... Sometimes film cells are cut from the trailer. If you can see the images on the cells, make sure they aren't all from these clips:
(Looking on eBay, I see several auctions for film cels from Fifth Element (even nicely framed ones), and they are ALL from the trailers (which people working in theaters could easily get for free, and many were just thrown away after the movie came out), not from the actual movie prints used in theaters.)

But even if they are from actual prints, they don't add much value. You can buy that entire trailer on film for about $20 on eBay, and strips of 5 film cels sell for about $3...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back