32" Falcon Progress/ more new piccys page 23

this is great,hoping to start building a 32" myself sometime in the near future but will cheat and do a hasbro conversion.way too much work here for me.

I'm sure I've asked this question before but can't find it if I have so I'll ask again. What is the OD size of the tube for the cockpit?

Unfortunately, the hardware store proved a dead end as did a major plumbing supply chain. The closest pipe I could find to 3in was 80mm (8cm) which is 4-5mm too wide.

Might have to look at sourcing a length of suitable pipe from overseas.

Junk pilot: look for plastic manufacturers / suppliers online or in your phone book.

Unfortunately, the hardware store proved a dead end as did a major plumbing supply chain. The closest pipe I could find to 3in was 80mm (8cm) which is 4-5mm too wide.

Might have to look at sourcing a length of suitable pipe from overseas.

I know of a place that's local for me. They sell 3" acrylic tube, this is what I have for mine.

Doh. :facepalm

Never thought about acrylic. I was thinking PVC. Will check a known supplier where I buy my styrene sheets from.

Thanks for the memory jog, Scratchy.

I know of a place that's local for me. They sell 3" acrylic tube, this is what I have for mine.

Re: 32" Falcon Progress pics/small update

I know this forum is a few years old, but it has inspired me to give this a go. Beautiful work my friend! Truly inspiring. I am having trouble figuring out the height of my falcon. May I ask how tall you made your ribs to give me the curve of the hull?

My ribs are 35mm at the highest point, and the curve tapers off to nothing. You've got to check this yourself though to see if you agree. I worked it out depending on styrene thickness etc and that's what I came up with. It's all subjective this stuff...

Hope it helps

Cheers

Phil

Simply amazing! Any idea on the total number of hours you put into this beauty? Whatever the number is it was totally worth it!

Is there anyone who casts parts in bulk for a 32in? It becomes an expensive exercise when buying kits and are unable to cast the parts yourself.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back