300 Spartan brooch and cape

The Spartans wore armor yes. In fact the Plum on Leonidas' helmet is technically supposed to be sideways, running from ear to ear. They did that to have a more wide, dominating factor, much like predatory birds open their wings to look bigger.

As far as the movie goes, I loved Frank Miller protrayal, and its more based on a comicbook view of history, than history itself.

Hijacking done, back to the cape thread LOL

Is this thread only going to be about the cape or can figure out how to make the gaunlet,leg armor, shield, spear, holster for sword, a good helmet, sandals and most important the comfortable stylish speedo? If discussed in another thread sorry

I noticed that Bronze Armory store on ebay has the gaunlets, brooch, and wolf tooth. Anyone else see these? Gaunlets look good as well as the brooch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CGClone @ Mar 27 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1449242[/snapback]</div>
As far as the movie goes, I loved Frank Miller protrayal, and its more based on a comicbook view of history, than history itself.
[/b]
Absolutely agreed. Looks far more dramatic, and much less school-mascot. :rolleyes

Estel, any links to the aforementioned store (PM if necessary)?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Estel_MM @ Mar 27 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]1449274[/snapback]</div>
I noticed that Bronze Armory store on ebay has the gaunlets, brooch, and wolf tooth. Anyone else see these? Gaunlets look good as well as the brooch.
[/b]
just need to find the leg armor

The brooch is quite well done. I've got 3 sitting on my kitchen table at home. The pin is just epoxied to the brooch as it is meant to be purely decorative like the one in the movie. I think the color they got going is a perfect match to the onscreen color.

We're examining the gauntlets as well based on the pics they posted. If we find them to be accurate enough we'll be getting them too.

Back to the gym fellas. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gjustis @ Mar 27 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1449309[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CGClone @ Mar 27 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1449242[/snapback]
[/b]
Absolutely agreed. Looks far more dramatic, and much less school-mascot. :rolleyes

[/b][/quote]

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Bronze-Armory

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Estel_MM @ Mar 28 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]1449791[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gjustis @ Mar 27 2007, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1449309[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CGClone @ Mar 27 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]1449242[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Bronze-Armory
[/b][/quote]
good stuff

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Mar 28 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1450058[/snapback]</div>
The leather speedo is going to be interesting to make. Does anyone have some really good pic's?
[/b]

I have that covered already. I know exactly how they look and how they are tied together. I'll show you on Saturday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK412 @ Mar 28 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1450097[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Mar 28 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1450058[/snapback]
The leather speedo is going to be interesting to make. Does anyone have some really good pic's?
[/b]

I have that covered already. I know exactly how they look and how they are tied together. I'll show you on Saturday.
[/b][/quote]

could you share a tutorial to help us out?

Nice thread ;) I love the film... I really enjoyied a lot ;)...

Now one question... althuogh the monk cloth can be an alternative... I dont think it has the strenght, the weight and the feeling that the real cape has...

so my question is... has anyone identify the correct and accurate fabric ??? That would be my main issue..

P.S. Turo ;) I'l wait anxiously to see your discovers... :D

Ben.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK412 @ Mar 28 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1450097[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Mar 28 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]1450058[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

aparently there's diffrent versiolns, I'll sketch it out and post it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK412 @ Mar 29 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]1451286[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TK412 @ Mar 28 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1450097[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

aparently there's diffrent versiolns, I'll sketch it out and post it.
[/b][/quote]

Cool thanks.

D

Tell me if this helps

300_costune01.jpg

300_costume02.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Theyrenotdolls @ Mar 29 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]1451537[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'>

Does that mean you won't be making yourself a pair of these, Dennis? :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ramiel @ Mar 24 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]1447114[/snapback]</div>
This is what I was thinking about the cape... More or less...
47ipan4.jpg

[/b]

to make it more full, shouldn't it be like this?

b1e77b408a.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Theyrenotdolls @ Mar 30 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]1451537[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moshi @ Mar 29 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1451446[/snapback]
Tell me if this helps

300_costune01.jpg

300_costume02.jpg

[/b]

GROSS
[/b][/quote]

Comfortable to :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MjolnirArmor @ Mar 30 2007, 08:03 AM) [snapback]1451552[/snapback]</div>
to make it more full, shouldn't it be like this?

b1e77b408a.jpg

[/b]
Hmmm, no, if you want that "hooded" look (or this is what I think :D )
Maybe a "trapezium" shape could do the trick... :confused

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back