2012 Toronto Prop Party **JUNE 2nd, 2012**

PI licence huh? Interesting.

I decided last year to go out and get licensed after talking about it for years.

And it turns out that having it, in combination with my computer skills, makes me in demand with a few agencies up here.

It will be interesting to see how that plays out later this year.

For the facebook page how do we invite people?

I don't think it's an exclusive group. I just shared it on my wall but I'll bet if you copy/paste the link into a message to someone else they'll be able to "like" and follow it. :)

Caveneau, was just looking at the pics of the So-Cal party. Have you talked to anyone about potentially branding this? They all have spiffy name tags and signage.

I don't think it's an exclusive group. I just shared it on my wall but I'll bet if you copy/paste the link into a message to someone else they'll be able to "like" and follow it. :)

Yeah, it's not exclusive to the RPF. Invite whomever you want.
Quite frankly, I don't want to set limits at this point since I'd consider the event successful if we even have 20 people attending.

Caveneau, was just looking at the pics of the So-Cal party. Have you talked to anyone about potentially branding this? They all have spiffy name tags and signage.

Branding would be great. I wish I could say with certainty how many people I'm expecting to attend, but at this point, I'm still trying to get a feel for what kind of interest even exists in the GTA/Ontario for this kind of event.

I'm sure we can come up with better name tags than last year. We can make a 'Toronto Prop Party 2012' template and find some plastic sleeves. This can definitely be worked on.

Honestly, I'm not that keen on paying for multiple printed ads at this point, however, I can see an advantage to placing 1 ad soon, then another 1-2 ads just 2 weeks prior to the event. Again, I don't want to gamble on how many extra people paid ads may attract because that research can get expensive. Even if I place an ad in 'Now' magazine or 'The Grid', the quickest link would be the Facebook page, which was the primary reason I setup it up Facebook.

I'm open to all suggestions and ideas. I'm trying to spread the word as 'freely' as possible(no pun intended). I'm a member of SciFiHero and have been plugging it there. I started a thread on 'theDentedHelmet' as well.

Last edited:
Maybe even try an ad on Craigslist or something like that?

I can make name tags if you like. Just give me the dimensions you want them at.

One thing I've found, if people start saying what they're going to bring you'll have something to advertise. On my wall post I mentioned that the Delorean would be there as well as my HIC. Helps to get people excited about what they're going to see as well as who they're going to meet. :)

Maybe even try an ad on Craigslist or something like that?

I can make name tags if you like. Just give me the dimensions you want them at.

One thing I've found, if people start saying what they're going to bring you'll have something to advertise. On my wall post I mentioned that the Delorean would be there as well as my HIC. Helps to get people excited about what they're going to see as well as who they're going to meet. :)
Maybe I'll bring my Zombie hunter truck. It;s almost done, by June it should be good.(y)thumbsup

Maybe I'll bring my Zombie hunter truck. It;s almost done, by June it should be good.(y)thumbsup

Yes! :thumbsup

Bring your Boba stuff too, really cool. :D

Also Caveneau, looking at the pics it looks like for So-Cal they were in a gymnasium. Maybe a cheaper idea for next time? Never even thought of a gym.

Big items I'm planning on bringing:

- Han in Carbonite
- Stormtrooper
- ANH Vader Helmet
- Warmachine Helmet
- TIE Pilot Helmet
- AT-AT Helmet

As well as my full batch of smaller items. Like last time I'll have some stuff to sell and will bring some cash if anyone else is selling something I fancy. ;)

Just remembered I may have the 4ft Optimus Rifle done too. It's been really coming along. I'll have to post some pics soon.

April 1 is the 80s toy show. 2 week later is Wizard World. If there is some flyers I can print some up and drop some off at a flyers table.

Yeah, great idea Alex, thanks.

I was just thinking there's not much time to get a flyer printed up.

Thanks O_B for taking the initiative on making any kind of flyer.

I guess the flyer could be state:

-RPF Toronto Prop Party 2012.
-Saturday June 2nd
-Prop Collectors exhibition
-1677 Wilson Ave/Days Hotel
-Everyone welcome
-Admission $15(WITH THIS FLYER)
-Facebook site 'Toronto Prop Party'
Something like that.

Re: Admission $15... I mean if we're doing a flyer, I figure I can play with the admission price because ultimately I'd like it lower than $20 anyway. With a flyer there's greater chance of exposure and a potential turnout of over 20 -25 people.

You, see, this makes me think I should have got the larger room but I'd be gambling on attendance vs. costs, which I don't really want to do.

However, if we can get miniumum 15-20 people who attend from the flyers alone, we could easily get the larger room for next year's party, knowing that the flyers are effective.

Thanks for this you guys.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back