2011 Red Y-Wing: Build Thread™

for a second i thought the blade runner blimp was your hand making a fist and holding the kit from behind.. and i was like.. wtf did he do to his hand? its the size of a .. doh..

ROTFL :lol :lol

It does look a bit like a knuckle sandwich :lol :lol

Brings a big smile to my face......even when i am suffering from some y induced model building fatigue, this keep me going!
mike

I like all the red and green in the instructions. Makes them all christmassy. Even the Neisen logo seems christmassy in one's peripheral vision as one peruses the sheets, like a sprig of holly and a red berry...

Since I don't think the instructions got there yet, what are the specs on the T-rails (if that's the right word) that extend the back of the engine nacelles. Not included, which I gathered, but I'm curious on, at least, what they are. Are they off-the-shelf from Evergreen or Plastrux or some other company?

Also, after I clean off the parts, do I have to do a second cleaning for the drool residue?

Mike Todd

I mention it within the first two pages - part number from Plastruct and everything!

Also I specify how and where to cut each T Rod... it's towards the end....

Yeah, I recommend mopping off the drool ;)

Since I don't think the instructions got there yet, what are the specs on the T-rails (if that's the right word) that extend the back of the engine nacelles. Not included, which I gathered, but I'm curious on, at least, what they are. Are they off-the-shelf from Evergreen or Plastrux or some other company?

Also, after I clean off the parts, do I have to do a second cleaning for the drool residue?

Mike Todd

Mike Todd

Plastruct. Not sure the number as I bought bulk but I have the measurements on my bench. I'll look it up when I get back.

I got a sweet stocking stuffer from Mike Salzo yesterday (Christmas presents for the kids, Honey, I swear!). ;)

Thanks Steve, Mike and those responsible for producing such a cool kit. And you too, Jason. I will soon be spending much time pouring over your directions!

Craig

The Y-wing landed here in West London thanks to Rebel Alliance drafted stork.

Unwrapping the box and all I could exclaim was 'Good Lord!....this is some kit. Intimidated me? A resounding yes folks. But I like a challenge and this one is just what Doctor Who ordered. The part count looks like something Trumpeter would engineer into their 1/32 line....the only difference is the materials used to hewn this amazing kit. I'm no expert on the Y, but looking at Jason's bible instruction booklet and the references out there my ignorance is easing a little. No bubbles anywhere as always Mike does a supreme job on the casting, and also it was packaged to survive any mode of transit be it internationl, domestic or even outer space. Bomb proof on all fronts and I just hope I can do the model justice when it comes to the bench.

Worth the wait? YES...YES!! .saying it like Meg Ryan when she met that odd looking fellow from Soap.

Thanks to Steve, Jamie, Mike and of course Dave, and anyone else involved that pulled off this Houdini act in Studio Scale.

Blimey...I'm usually lost for words but not this time.

Best

Sanjay

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back