Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter V3

OK,since it took me years to find the part your looking for I'll give you a hint.I was able to find the part because a generous member gave me cast of the part uncut.It's from a AMT 1/25 kit,the part is chrome & needs to be cut down.Good news it's a cheap kit & not rare.

Dave
Thanks Dave:)

No problem guys.I'll try to save you some search time,I never seen a kit scan on the sites for it & never heard of it being used on any model.

Dave

Hi Mr Tox

Thanks too much for your rsponse.

I have some spare parts, (the ones tan everyone knows, and they are comented here and there in this fórum). Unfortunately, they are all small pieces.
I can´t found a matra rim, I stimate thas its has 13 mm. diameter more or less. (But I´m not sure at all)

Mi first problema with my drawings is the vanishing point. When I try to find it, All the lines, dont coincid in one single point. I do an aproximation that I consider enough good, and qhen I foun the horizon line, it is nnot paralel to the edges of the pictures, And the poin of view, dont match whit the center of the picture.
Of course, the picture, could be rotated and cutted, baut.... all of this make me feel unconfortable and with no confidence.

Anyway. Your response, encourages me to start another time. An perhaps, this time, I´ll put my progres in a treadh, so, perhaps, you can help me a Little sometimes.

Thanks.

Luis

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your kind words, your english is very good, don't worry. :)

Well, I use mainly geometry like in the site you linked in your post.

However you did not mention if you were using kitparts or no ?
You can use all the maths you want, if you don't have some ref to scale your drawings, that won't work.

Once you got kitparts (the more and the bigger the better), you can find proportions and size of a portion of a model (where the kitparts are).

There's nothing complicated, really.

Photogrammetry is a whole new problem because to work the best way possible, you need a set of pictures taken for photogrammetry use. Not always possible and you still can get some good results with pics found on internet though, but there're always portions of a model that are not covered. :)

Please let us know what problem you exactly have.

Bonjour Monsieur Tox. (or Julien, as you prefer)

Here is the main problem that I Have:

tie%u0025252520proy.png

After some attempts, I Got that the horizon line, was parallel to the edge of the picture, and the point of view was in the center of the picture. but...

I´m happy with some lines, but totally disappointed with a lot of them.

I don´t know where is the problem: my work, the picture, the model..... (btw, the model I´m investigating is the vader´s tie)

Could you tell me what do you think about please?

(And if sameone, could help me with better pics, that would be a great favor to me, thanks)

(Sorry for my poor English)

Thanks a lot

Luis

Attachments

• tie%u0025252520proy.png
    tie%u0025252520proy.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:

Luis, your pic is too small and I cant see which lines are wrong however there are several you might consider : the lense used (parallax, distortion, etc), the model itself is probably not 100% perfect.
I dont think you can get a definitive result using only this method though...

I hope this was better

tie%u0025252520x1%u00252525202.png

I think I had those pictures, but thanks

Edit:

I didn´t had its. Those are the best pics I have now.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!
:love:p(y))

Last edited:

Ok I see the lines you drew dont line up with one of the wing pylon, this may be due to the lense.
Anyway you cant get accurate drawings from one pic like that, it is useful to cross check your measurements...
What kind of info would you like to get from this pic ?

I look for the basics shapes andproportions.
After, with the parts that I have, get de dimensions.
I know you have put here a lot of good information, but I would like to find something by my self.

They are not from any model ship kits!! That ID was shared with me and they did not want me to share....Or I would

I know a little something about the TIE, exactly what parts on the hub are you referring to?

Dan

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back