Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter V3

Julien, This looks perfect! The TS-32 really looks like the studio model. I have a sample of TS-32 and It's a great color for a Tie Fighter.

BTW, what color did you use to paint the darker colors on the hatch, the window frame and interior?

Mike.

Now that´s a very fine looking TIE! Looking awesome!

Thanks Stefan ! It is because of your great help !

- - - Updated - - -

Julien, This looks perfect! The TS-32 really looks like the studio model. I have a sample of TS-32 and It's a great color for a Tie Fighter.

BTW, what color did you use to paint the darker colors on the hatch, the window frame and interior?

Mike.

Mike, I used Tamiya medium gray mixed with some dark gray for the canopy and interior but it is obviously too light, I'll have to repaint them darker. I believe I used medium gray straight out of the tin for the hatch panels misted with some base color.

Mike, I used Tamiya medium gray mixed with some dark gray for the canopy and interior but it is obviously too light, I'll have to repaint them darker. I believe I used medium gray straight out of the tin for the hatch panels misted with some base color.

Thanks Julien!

Is that the acrylic XF-20 Medium Gray or AS-28 Medium Gray in the spray can?

Julien
brilliant work, did you experiment with different colour under coats to see the final finish, to our digital eyes these look very right
brian

Incredibly sexy!! I wish I was operating on this level, but alas I'm relegated to working with a kit instead. It's a pleasure following your builds along!

I'm finishing up a Niesen Hero TIE atm but the kit is missing the little piece that attaches to the backside of the windscreen frame, does anyone know what kit that comes from?

I went with German Panzer Grey from Vallejos Acrylic Primer range for the inside and frame, that matches up to RAL 7021. It does look right when under flash, but too dark when unlit, not sure what to do. I'll probably go with a tad brighter color, but not by much. What do you plan on using for the "medium" gray panelling that's in between the main color and the cockpit color?

Thank you! I'll have to source that kit. Problems with the colors are mostly down to using TS-32 and it behaving very different under different lighting, I'll have to go forward and back with paint samples until satisfied I guess. I'm fine with it being very dark, but I want it to be the right very dark :D

MonsieurTox, every single one of your builds I always love reading through them. I'd have sworn that you worked for ILM looking at your builds. Absolutely perfect and spot-on stuff you make!

Aucun doute: superbe taf (no doubt: superbe work) You put the bar high and you keep it there with every model you've made.:cool

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back