11th Doctor's Shirt

The Paul Smith official re-Issue of the shirt is nowup for ordering:

Paul Smith Shirt | 'Scroll Stripe' Shirt - Paul Smith UK
Burgandy only. No Navy. Sizes S-XL (XXL sold out right now) According to the size chart it's best to order once size up from what you normally wear. 119 GBP. 23 GBP ($227 USD) shipping to the USA but mordernboy told me this comes out to $196 totall after shipping with a US post code for some reason.

What color did Smith wear in the show - burgandy right? Still watching the Tennent episodes and haven't had much time to study the new series...

The Paul Smith official re-Issue of the shirt is nowup for ordering:

Paul Smith Shirt | 'Scroll Stripe' Shirt - Paul Smith UK
Burgandy only. No Navy. Sizes S-XL (XXL sold out right now) According to the size chart it's best to order once size up from what you normally wear. 119 GBP. 23 GBP ($227 USD) shipping to the USA but mordernboy told me this comes out to $196 totall after shipping with a US post code for some reason.

Thanks for posting.

I really want one but for that price there's no chance of me ever getting one. Those images are BRILLIANT reference material though, especially the cuffs and button stand. You can see every single stitch. A proper pattern could be made from these shots of the shirt. Or at the very least, a great Spoonflower fabric pattern for both colors. Great stripe and cuff reference. It's nice to see the back of the shirt too actually.

I envy all you lucky buggers that can afford these :(

I bet anything, if these sell out (which they obviously will) they'll do a run of limited edition Navy ones too.

@GeneralFrosty ... the boots he wears are All Saints Layer Boots. Sold out everywhere, like everything else any Doctor ever bloody wore. At least I own one (possibly 2) of the screen accurate ties that Tennant wore. I guess that counts for something. :D

Last edited:
Is there a particular color that Smith wears more often in the new series?

I'd go with Burgundy. Plus it made an appearance first. I'd say the Blue is his secondary shirt.

Yup, burgundy wins, he wore it in 9 episodes. He wore the blue in 5. In episode 7 he wore both shirts.

Last edited:
Good lord what a price tag. I think I'll wait for the Magnoli to be ready before I make any decisions about buying, unless Magnoli has an idea on the price?

I definitely won't pay that much for a burgundy shirt. Good pictures on the site, though. Those are some crazy cuffs. (5 buttons!?)

Looks like it Paul smith are trying to flog matts look with a "tweed" jacket and bow tie being advertised along with the shirt.

I dont wanna sounds bitchy but it might be cheaper to buy the actual PS shirt that get one from magnolia their prices are sky high..

Looks like it Paul smith are trying to flog matts look with a "tweed" jacket and bow tie being advertised along with the shirt.

I dont wanna sounds bitchy but it might be cheaper to buy the actual PS shirt that get one from magnolia their prices are sky high..

Cheaper, yes - but you have to understand that Magnoli offers custom-made clothing to your exact measurments. His work is really top-notch and you won't have a better fit.

Just wondering if there is any news on the Magnoli recreations of these shirts?

I'm hoping to buy a couple of blues and a burgundy well in time for Gallifrey (mid-Feb 2011). Is that realistic now?

If you ordered "site unseen", we should be able to make that date. But if you wait to see the first shirt finished before ordering, there probably won't be enough time. I'll start accepting pre-orders as soon as the fabric is done. This will only be done via e-mail, not through the site, so drop me a line once I mention that the material has been finished.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Slightly OT, but has anyone identified the Matt Smith footwear?

GeneralFROSTY, Matt Smith wore the "Layer Boot" from the (lovely, lovely) UK store All Saints. But I think I heard he's going to wear different (but similar) boots next season.

They no longer sell them, as far as I know, but I'm sure you can still find them somehow. ;)

2rqk474.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back