11th Doctor's Shirt

Paul Smith shirt review.
Smith Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers

8342044137_2fa98f29a3_z.jpg

Fabric/Material: The Material is custom printed on a light-medium weight soft cotton. The colours seem accurate compared to what i can see on my monitor, but not having a real PS shirt, i can't do a side-by-side comparison of the fabric.

The fabric itself is quite nice, and you can easily "breath" in it, Magnoli says it's made from a "super soft" cotton, and i can nothing but agree with him, it's got a very luxurious and soft feel.

8342041329_3665981eed_c.jpg

Accuracy: The shirt ticks almost all the boxes apart from one small (big) detail: It lacks the box placket found on the real shirt, but it being a tailored shirt, you can just ask him to put it on the shirt before ordering it.
The back of the shirt has the box placket going all the way down, and the little hanging loop loop.
From here on, it gets nit-picky.

8342045987_b08e96a7fd_c.jpg

The cuffs have the accurate 5 bands of burgundy(7.8cm/3.1 inches). And 2 button closure, the buttonholes are made from a matching burgundy thread, whereas the real shirt seems to have white buttonholes (But this seems to change between shirts as some of the shirts i've seen on ebay also has the burgundy buttonholes). The buttonholes on the cuff plackets are both with white string, whereas the real one has a red buttonhole (atleast on the right cuff) but i may be getting too nit-picky now.
On a positive note, the actual stitching-work is almost identical to what can be found on the real shirt.

8342048429_f65515daa2_c.jpg

The collar seems screen-accurate aswell. It's quite softly made, without any collar stays. The poaint is around 5.7 CM/2.2in's long. And the back height is around 6cm/2.4in's.

Fit:
Being a tailored shirt, the fit's excellent. I purchased the prototype shirt from Magnoli (the one seen on the website) and thus it's not tailored for me, but the fit was still fantastic. It's got a slim fit like the real shirt. But again, being a tailored shirt, you can get this changed if you like a bigger shirt.

All in all: Even with the minor mistakes on the shirt, that could all be fixed easily, just remember to ask for it upon check-out. For the price, it's an excellent replica, although calling it a replica isn't really fair, as it's a tailored personally tailored piece of clothing, made to a high standard. (Not even Paul Smith gives you tailoring for their steep price). I reccomend it, just remember to ask for the button placket (And if you want to be pedantic) the accurate button hole colours.)
4.5 (But could easily be a 5).

DIMENSIONS:
Cuff width: 7.8cm/3.1in.
Collar front point: 5.8cm/2.3in.
Collar back height: 5.2cm/2in.
Collar stand height: 3.6cm/1.4in.
Button diameter: 1.1cm/0.4in.
"Stripe" width: 0.85 cm/0.3in.
Back pleat width: 2.5cm/0.6in.

(If somebody would be so industrious and kind as to take some comparison pictures of this shirt together with a real Paul Smith shirt, and potentially a shirt from Timelord25's run and provide these measurements from a SA Paul Smith shirt in CM's and Inches i could add them to the list.) I may also add some new pictures later, but since i'm moving at the moment i can't find my DSLR, and had to take the pictures with an old point/shoot camera, more (bad) photos can be found on here Flickr: gussgriswold's Photostream.

A little bump to remind people about this shirt... tons of guys begged for me to have these made, and not a whole lot ordering. :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back