1/12th ANH X-Wing Fighter, update page-4

The so called " 4-Footer" X-wing made by ILM modelers, was not 4 feet,
My memory fails me butt is was closer to 4-12 feet or so...
It was closer to 1/10 scale in size ( if I recall) It has entirely different set of kit parts on it (especially regarding the R2 Strip & Rear section)
The over-all layout of the "Greebles/Nernies" resembles the 1/24 filming miniature especially from a distance, but up close you can see the differences.
Sadly thethe footage shot of the model never made it onto the big screen ( at leas as i understand it ) but the "Big-X" was a "
" with the touring shows, often put up near the opening entrance to the exhibit.

My project is basically doubling up the size of the original 1/24 including carefully re-creating all the donor kit parts in the computer for SLA.
In a few places I have "augmented" the details because of the larger size. This has been subtle not altering the character or fell of the orignal model.
An example of this would be on the F-4 Phantom engines which were pretty " soft" in detail; the wires & anhoses of the upscaled version will be a bit "crisper"
The exception will be the cockpit interior.

Attachments

• R2D2_assembled_1.jpg
    R2D2_assembled_1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Test Batch.jpg
    Test Batch.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Wing_Panel_3.jpg
    Wing_Panel_3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 104
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back