1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Thought you guys might like this... Sitting in front of the TV... :)

IMAG0325.jpg

Last edited:

UPDATES!

With the decision to go ahead an rebuild the entire console as soon as I get back, I decided to permenently add all the tiles and greeblies to the console. This will be a true static version but will be a nice display... :)

Waiting for everything to dry...
IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

More to come...

Hi G

I'm gonna be making some headway on your bits n pieces soon, there is finally a spot of sun after nearly 7 weeks of almost constant rain (it's the most rain we've had at this time of year since records began).

After looking at the switches you sent, I couldn't help but think they weren't quite right, so I bought these

26bdb704.jpg

8199f22d.jpg

2de2fc4c.jpg

I'll be all over these when they arrive :thumbsup

Last edited:

UGH!!! That much rain? WOW... Our heat wave is still among us. It's not the 110 degrees from a few weeks back but the humidity adds another 10 degrees and just drags you down with the thick heavy air...

Hang in there! :)

After looking at the switches you sent, I couldn't help but think they weren't quite right, so I bought these

26bdb704.jpg

8199f22d.jpg

2de2fc4c.jpg

I'll be all over these when they arrive :thumbsup

Let me know if there is anything I can do... I don't want you spending any of your own monies for switches. :)

Hi G

Don't sweat it buddy, they were only a few quid each, and I should still be able use them afterward in an electronics projects at some point anyway :thumbsup

UPDATES!

With the decision to go ahead an rebuild the entire console as soon as I get back, I decided to permenently add all the tiles and greeblies to the console. This will be a true static version but will be a nice display... :)

Even as just a static version, this will be an awesome build. This thread and a couple others have got me itching to sit down and watch the original three again.

Couch potato bound, this weekend.

Hi G

Just letting you know that two of the paddle switches arrived, and they ARE different sized paddles as I was hoping :)

I'm a tiny bit tied up with my other project again ATM, but will be casting your stuff very soon ;) sorry the progress has been slow, I hope to make some good headway once I get back on track with it :thumbsup

That is going to be a fantastic static piece king! And I'm sure the next one will be even better. Can't wait to see you get started, you're a mad scientist of dedication!

Hi G

Got the last switch this morning, and it is the smaller one I was hoping for. Out of all three, these two look the most accurate, and I should be in a position to make their moulds, and the light cover mould by the end of the week to coincide with the moulds I'll be making for my other project :thumbsup

d069d581.jpg

Last edited:

Hi Gang,

I've been laid up ill for the past few days. I must have caught something on the flight back... I should be ready to go by the weekend. I'm maping out the new console build in my head.

Stay Tuned!

Hi Gang,

I've been laid up ill for the past few days. I must have caught something on the flight back... I should be ready to go by the weekend. I'm maping out the new console build in my head.

Stay Tuned!

Get well brother . . . cause its time to "GET BACK TO WORK" nah take care of yourself.

Absolutely amazing! love attention to details!!

Cheers

A

Hi AJ,

Thanks so much for the kind words. The last few have been spent in bed but this weekend I should have a new console shell ready for detailing. I'm going to be very methodical in my approach - cutting all the holes, finding all the dimensions for greeblies, etc prior to paint.

Stay Tuned!

Get well brother . . . cause its time to "GET BACK TO WORK" nah take care of yourself.

LOL! Yes sir... I'm about 75%... I should be back to "full" by the weekend. There's been no relief from the heat and ungodly humidity but I wont let that stop me. Plenty of fluids...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back