1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Hi Gang,

I was really hoping to be A LOT farther along but these angle cuts have been killing me. Mitre cuts ARE NOT EASY! I've had to go back and forth from the garage to the computer getting all the angles / measurements right before cutting... And Math was not my strongest subject in school... :)

This is where I am
IMAG1172.jpg

I'm pressing on

Hi Gang,

Some friends popped over and well... I didnt get a whole lot finished... GRRRRRR... Tomorrow will be different... :)

I think it was in the digital, blue ray, rerelease, special edition, 30th anniversary with never before unseen enhanced footage with 8.1 super digital stereo surround sound? That's what I heard...

Absolutely unreal my friend. I've been gone working all week and i come back to this!!!!! You are doing a great job, and your dedication to the project is outstanding! (have you even seen your wife or girlfriend since starting;) Thank you for posting all the great pictures, and providing all the steps and information on parts. This is a great pleasure to watch come together. Brian

I finished ALL the compound mitre cuts and the panels are glued up... UGH... As you'll notice, I changed the width of the board. Weight will be a concern and I'm not sure how this going to mount - when we get to that point. :)

IMAG1174.jpg

Last edited:

Absolutely unreal my friend. I've been gone working all week and i come back to this!!!!! You are doing a great job, and your dedication to the project is outstanding! (have you even seen your wife or girlfriend since starting;) Thank you for posting all the great pictures, and providing all the steps and information on parts. This is a great pleasure to watch come together. Brian

Hi B,

Much thanks for the kind words. :) You've been away far too long...

Have I seen my GF? We split up a few weeks back and haven't heard a peep from her - I guess thats normal when you split up? So I've been trying to occupy my time with this fun project.

I have some awesome greeblies for you - shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get them out ASAP.

Are you back for the time being? Will we see some updates?

Hi B,

Much thanks for the kind words. :) You've been away far too long...

Have I seen my GF? We split up a few weeks back and haven't heard a peep from her - I guess thats normal when you split up? So I've been trying to occupy my time with this fun project.

I have some awesome greeblies for you - shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get them out ASAP.

Are you back for the time being? Will we see some updates?

Sweet man, I'll PM you tonight. I am back for a while, and I will be cranking hard on the basement, so updates soon. Keep up the work brother, it looks fantastic!

OK Guys...

I have to admit when I bought the PVC I wasnt exactly sold on the idea. I really didn't think it would work... well... I'm pumped! Check it out!

Attaching the PVC mounts
IMAG1175.jpg

LOTS OF BOLTS and NUTS and WASHERS and etc... I had to make several trips to the improvement store this afternoon. That ate into a lot of time
IMAG1176.jpg

FINALLY got the side panels mounted
IMAG1177.jpg

From the front
IMAG1178.jpg

Back panels taped in place - makes it look a little fuller
IMAG1179.jpg

IMAG1180.jpg

PVC in place... GRRRR I would love to see them all mounted
IMAG1186.jpg

IMAG1185.jpg

IMAG1187.jpg

IMAG1188.jpg

IMAG1189.jpg

Dont want to be staring down from this end!
IMAG1190.jpg

In all a pretty good day! I still have a lot of work to do in mounting the PVC and to create support as well.

A quick note: That's a 6 foot table. That's how big this sucker is!

Stay Tuned!

Last edited:

Sweet man, I'll PM you tonight. I am back for a while, and I will be cranking hard on the basement, so updates soon. Keep up the work brother, it looks fantastic!

Thank you very much, my friend! This project is definately turning in to a labor of love... I'm really looking forward to the striping and weathering you'll be doing on your build. You can't leave us hanging like this... :)

Added a few more permanent greeblies to the console...

IMAG1191.jpg

IMAG1192.jpg

IMAG1193.jpg

More to come...

Quick update during lunch. I'm hoping these parts come together...

IMAG1194.jpg

Back soon

I still cant believe those stupid LEDs havent been shipped... grrrrr...

Anywho... More updates on the quad lasers!

IMAG1195.jpg

IMAG1196.jpg

IMAG1197.jpg

IMAG1198.jpg

IMAG1202.jpg

I wont be able to paint the quad once finished. I'm assuming that it be best to paint the entire exterior / exterior pieces of the MF on site. So, I'll prime it up and then send it to Chris Lee for storage... Not right away of course... For a few months I'll mount it near the front door or on the top of the car... :)

Hi Gang,

No updates today. Sorry. Had one of those days and just need to take a breather...

Stay Tuned

Thank god my friend, now at least we know you are human.

LOL! :)

I'll be back out this afternoon working on the quad - sanding, adding more beauty panels and support(s) then hopefully laying some primer down.

I've been a little hesitant getting started on the throttle housing. After looking at the original design I later realized that each "throttle" was separate from one another. So I'm not sure how I want to proceed using the existing throttle quadrant?

We'll see

Last edited:

Looking great, that formica looks nice and clean!

so, looks like my rockers are a bit too big. I measured them off a rebel chest box, (from a face-on photo with a ruler in frame) I hadn't checked if it was screen accurate, lunk head that I am. It was close to the vader chestbox measurements and proportioned pretty well, but mine was about 120% too big.

a lesson about taking measurements off photos with rulers in them...

anyway, here's a comparison

attachment.php

What did you end up doing about this?

Steve sent me the correct measurements for the various types and I'll be making them soon (my other project is taking my time up at the mo, sorry) along with the light covers.

I'm looking forward to dedicating some proper time to this project, but juggling them is getting hard. Hope that's ok :confused

On a lighter note, I've got a bag of greeblies for you G :thumbsup I'll be sending it your way very soon ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back