Warhammer 40k Chain Sword - On a Budget

DD28

As a follow up to my Budget Bolt Pistol build I decided to have a go at a chain sword.

Unfortunately I don't have WIP photos as my wife needed the camera when she went away on a trip, and also I got carried away and didn't even think about it until i'd finished :facepalm

The basic construction is the same as the Bolt Pistol.

All made from items I had lying around, which included :-
  • Broom Handle
  • Foam Camping Mat
  • Corrugated Cardboard
  • Ceral Box Card
  • Foam Core
  • McDonalds Wooden Coffee Stirers
  • Plastic Wheels from a toy 4x4 (my son's old toy)
  • Old Sony Erikson USB cable
  • Bamboo Skewers

20120908_0009.jpg

20120908_0013.jpg

20120908_0016.jpg

The only part to finish off are the chain teeth, I'm not exactly sure what to use for them, but I will work it out.

Peter

Here are a couple of quick shots with my son holding both the chain sword and bolt pistol

Alex-2.jpg

Alex-3.jpg

Until next time...

Peter

These are both great, not enough Warhammer on this forum :) looks like a big project, if your going to be making the whole marine?

I'll defiantly have to follow your build :) thanks for posting.

Thanks,

I am planning on a full suit, I am currently trying to put together a shoulder pad, I'll post WIP pictures, if it works out.

Peter

Fantastic work so far! The chainsword and bolt pistol are both going to look amazing when they're finished up. Can't wait to see them :)

Great build of this and your bolt pistol! I've made a couple of small tenative steps towards starting a space marine myself over the past couple of weeks so will be watching your budget build with interest.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back