TNG Dustbuster Questions and Build

iWolf359

Hiya, I've got a question about this Stapleton Dustbuster Phaser kit I've got.
1.jpg

You see, I've never done electronics in any of my props before, and I bought an LED bar sequencer to go in it. Thing is, with no experience in this area, I've no idea how to install it in a way that (hopefully) I'll be able to access it afterwards for alterations/repairs after finishing it, but so that it will be securely closed when it is done.

I have realised that the LED bars will be coming on from the right side and not the accurate left if I install it in a way that'll leave space for the buttons, but this doesn't bother me too much.

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

So, if you're experienced in this area, please don't hesitate to offer advice.

Thanks, Isaac.

Last edited:
Re: TNG Stapleton Dustbuster questions

Hey Isaac,

if you didn't know it already, Myron Stapleton is a member here, he goes by the name killmenow0 , shoot him a pm. :)

With the time off I'm currently getting, I've got more time to try to finish this thing. So, I've sanded and primed the phaser body, and I'm in the process of also doing the emitter.
7.jpg8.jpg

Now, for the tip of the emitter (the bit currently in light grey and should be metallic blue), I've got two options. I've seen this done

a) By simply painting on with metallic blue 9.jpg or

b) By painting on silver and then clear blue on top of that 10.jpg

Which would have the better result (look nicer and more accurate to the original)?

I used the metallic blue. Not certain about the rest of the body, I'd have to check. Barely touched the thing since the previous post

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back