My Lounge room (TONS of pics)

yakcam

Sr Member
Well, I think this is my first "show off" thread.

We're about to re-locate things in the house, so I thought I might take some pics of how it looks before the reno. I know most of this has been seen before from other members, but I'm still proud of my painting and assembly.

I hope you enjoy....

Panorama (a bad one at that)

lounge-panorama-1.jpg

Tusken at the table

Tusken.jpg

My Wife's AUCM armour

AUCM-1.jpg

Little Vader and my TIE

lil-Vader.jpg

DP lineage

DP-lineage.jpg

20thC vader on my first ever Vader bust made out of sculpted polystyrene, black gaffer and silver duct tape.

20c.jpg

Here's our "temp" Boushh dicplay

Boushh.jpg

Zam

zam.jpg

More in the next post :)

Cheers,

Kraig

Round 2

ANH Vader and his TIE

TIE-n-Vader2.jpg

SDS TIE and figures

SDS-TIE-1.jpg

Bounty hunters galore and another Vader

BHs.jpg

SDS Troopers

SDS-troopers.jpg

You've seen my Vader and troopers before, so I won't bother adding them.

USCM

USCM.jpg

USCM and ALIEN

Marine--Alien.jpg

ALIEN

Alien.jpg

ALIENS stuff

ALIENS-stuff.jpg

My Quint reel from JAWS

JAWS-Reel.jpg

Here's where I post from, the office, just thought I'd add this.

Home-office.jpg

I hope you enjoy, most of this stuff has been trimmed and painted by me and I'm pretty proud.

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited:
Phenominal!:thumbsup
Caught me off gaurd with the fishing reel, thats just a great peice! And the Vader ANH with his TIE? NIce!! VERy well done. (y)thumbsup

That's funny, your wife's Aliens armor has a groin protector !

You guys must have either no 4 legged pets and no kids, or no one is allowed in those rooms except for you and the wife.

Thanks for all the kind comments :) I'm really looking forward to getting these guys displayed properly in their own room, it's a bit crowded in the lounge. I've had Detolf cases sitting there ready for assembly for almost 2 years now, Boushh, Zam, Jorina (purple Mando), my wifes AUCM and my TIE pilot need mannequins as they're full costumes, which is something I can do when they're put in the room (which is currently has half a car in because we don't have a garage, but that's about to change, finally, it's taken that long to get approval from our council :angry).

That Boushh was an emergency build for a con just over a year ago in Sydney. Back then I made a post in the costuming forum about my 2 week Boushh build, but it ended up taking 3 weeks as I did my Tusken costume at the same time.

Here's us at said con...
Family-pic-nova-06.jpg

I've refined her a bit more since then.

Quints reel took a heap of research, there are reels that are close but I wanted a Penn Senator 118H as used in the film. I finally found one in Hawaii, but since it was in service since the 70s it REALLY needed a clean....

reel-bits.jpg

It was an aromatic experience of which I'll never forget, the contents of that blue bucket looked like fish soup :sick I'm still trying to find the rod to go with it, but no luck so far.

I have an agreement with the person I got that helmet from that I'll not discuss it or show it. I realised this when I was in Photoshop prepping the pics for posting and since it was already around midnight, I was too lazy to set the camera up again and take another pic without it there, so I just put a blur over him :$

Anyway, thanks again for all of your kind comments :)

Cheers,

Kraig

very nice... I love that Boussh :love

Yeah I particularly like the boussh and the way its displayed as well!!! (y)thumbsup

All of it looks great! The only thing I think could stand improvement is the aliens positioning, but as far as the paintups on everything its all phenominal bro! Great stuff! :cool

You've seen my Vader and troopers before, so I won't bother adding them.

Great stuff very well displayed and all top quality.

One thing though your Sandtrooper is obscured and possibly not all of us have seen him before so if your feeling generous Kraig some super sandy pics would be appreciated you can never show off sandtroopers enough:)

Hazed out Vader helmets :love amazing how you can be a show off without showing off :lol

Great collection

Cheers Chris

Thanks guys :)

I forgot to mention in my last post that it is indeed a Code 3 Vader TIE. I'd also like to add that I didn't paint the ALIEN, that's how I got him.

I know what you're saying Ken, most of the mannequins irritate me, once I get my workshop up and running I'm grabbing a hacksaw and some fiberglass and fixing some poses, not to mention heights.

There are 2 things that seem to accumulate in my house, dust and Vader helmets :$ Current count is at 8.

The JAWS cordless is only found in deleted scenes :lol

One thing I want to add to the JAWS display is the "Beach closed" sign, I've seen yours Al and it's fantastic :thumbsup

That's funny, your wife's Aliens armor has a groin protector !
We don't want any bruises now do we :lol

We have kids of differing ages through the house often. I actually encourage them to touch, but to ask beforehand so I can get it down for them and supervise if need be . I have a couple of working hasbro blasters and an FX saber for them to play with too, there's not been any accidents so far (apart from the ones that have been my fault).

Cheers,

Kraig

Last edited:
Shooting the Vader helmets together, that would be a task and a half. I just need to figure out how to do it and get them all in shot without being specks in the distance :lol If I come up with an idea, I'll do a shoot.

Sorry Chris, the Sandtrooper was a bit obscured. He's still a WIP, and he's half AP and FX, also the T-21's a cheapie and I need a sniper plate. I would love him to be more accurate before I showed him, but here he is anyway :$

Sandtrooper3.jpg

Sandtrooper2.jpg

Sandtrooper.jpg

He's another mannequin that needs work, he doesn't stand like a Sandtrooper should.

I very much appreciate the kind comments guys, thanks :)

Cheers,

Kraig

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back