So inspired by a thrift store find, and this thread I've started to convert over a toy clone helmet. The tab's weren't holding together so the kids weren't playing with it anymore. I thought it would give me a chance to learn some new skills or at least buy some new tools, one of which is a mouse sander.
I started by tearing apart the helmet, I cut out the interior frame so I could install the lens with the helmet assembled. i tried to keep as much as possible for structure.
Using a for sell sign left over from my Gaffi build and the template found in the mentioned thread I rebuilt the eyes.
Next I tore out the ear disk's and found a washer to rebuild with.
Then I reassembled the helmet with glue and a old bits of plastic and bondo to fill in the gaps. Then on to bondo, sand and repeat. I need to get more sandpaper to continue on. Some more progress shots.