Black Series Phase II Clone Helmet Help...smh

ARES GW

I really need advice..I "may" have completely ruined the lens on my helmet. I was dusting the helmet and some of the polish landed on the lens remembering how bad/easy these things scratch. I go a micro fiber and lens cleaner to get it off...well I left a worse mark and before you know it the entire lens has a fine outer coating and looks absolutely terrible and looks like you are walking in fog with the helmet on. Is there anything that can at least get it back to 80-90%? Or am I just screwed and need to find someone that make replacement visors for these? I know I should of left well enough alone but I went YOLO on it and it bit me in the butt..I should of known better.:rolleyes:

I thank you all for any advice and expertise in the matter.

Wipe it down with IPA to see if you can remove the polish. If it’s permanently ruined, you could get welding visor sheet and use your old one as a pattern to cut a new one out. OPLEprops on Etsy tends to make replacements but is not the cheapest option.

I'm not quite clear on what exactly happened. You said you were dusting, and got polish on it? By dusting do you mean using some sort of spray duster?

What type of polish are you using? That fog may be some sort of residue from the polish.

I'm not quite clear on what exactly happened. You said you were dusting, and got polish on it? By dusting do you mean using some sort of spray duster?

What type of polish are you using? That fog may be some sort of residue from the polish.
Sorry, I was wiping and noticed some surface scuffs that I did notice before. Unfortunately some of my family members tend to look with their hands not their eyes..lol. Some of ScratchX 2.0 which seems to work great on the high gloss white but some got on the visor instead of wiping it I decided to use Windex which I thought was safe being ammonia free and used a clean micro fiber to lightly wipe it and well the rest is history..I thought maybe just using the polish on the rest to make it at least match ..not a good idea. I think at this point I will probably need a replacement

Attachments

• IMG_7694.jpg
    IMG_7694.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
That's been a problem with lenses on most Hasbro helmets I've owned. The plastic scratches absurdly easy. Since you've already gone through the trouble of removing it, I would just replace it at this point. Buy a Hobart face shield and use the old lens as a template.

Replacing it is probably the easiest option at this point. ScrathX looks like it has a micro abrasive in it... so that old lens is probably done for.

That's been a problem with lenses on most Hasbro helmets I've owned. The plastic scratches absurdly easy. Since you've already gone through the trouble of removing it, I would just replace it at this point. Buy a Hobart face shield and use the old lens as a template.

Thanks for the link and suggestion. Forgive my ignorance. But to trace the old shield should I just use paper to create a template? Or is there another way?

Thanks for the link and suggestion. Forgive my ignorance. But to trace the old shield should I just use paper to create a template? Or is there another way?
yeah you can use paper or posterboard.. just lay the lens on the paper and trace it and cut out the pattern and copy to the new lens.
if you need, you can use a couple pieces of tape to the paper so it doesn't move around.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back