Clonetrooper helmet size (Master Replicas / Denuo Novo)

Woyta94

Hi, I need to know the exact size of a Master Replicas clone helmet. Either distance from ear to ear or the width of the eyebrow ring... something like that. Or even the overall width of the helmet if you are able to measure it.

I recently made a 3D model of a wearable clonetrooper helmet, I'm really happy with it and I think it's one of the most accurate out there. But... I don't know the "correct" size. Obviously, when I'm 3D printing it, I would scale it to my own head, but of course I want it to be as close to the original as possible. So if any of you have the Master Replicas or Denuo Novo helmets at home, can you please measure them and post the measurements here? It would help me so much. Thank you.

378199873_9932311756840787_9146238804716142521_n.jpg

Keep in mind there was no original helmet that the Master Replicas and Denuo Novo was based on. They started with a 3D model that needed to be modified so it could actually be worn. It's hard to know exactly what was modified. It's possible the dimensions were altered. The bottom of the helmet was certainly changed from the cgi model.

Keep in mind there was no original helmet that the Master Replicas and Denuo Novo was based on. They started with a 3D model that needed to be modified so it could actually be worn. It's hard to know exactly what was modified. It's possible the dimensions were altered. The bottom of the helmet was certainly changed from the cgi model.
Yes, I know all that. That's why I used screenshots of the actual 3D model they used in the movie (from Adam Savages video when he visited FBFX) to recreate the shape, but there is no indication of the size. Sizing of these official replicas is the closest we have to an actual movie used prop (I don't want the stretched Kenobi version). And since they are the "one size fits all" kind of deal, I figured it's the best place to start.

Isn't the helmet in Adam Savage's video the "Kenobi version"? The helmet (and the armour) is a bit different from the one in ROTS, which Master Replicas' helmet had been based on.

The CGI helmet in ROTS had an impossibly small neck ring. MR's replica had an enlarged opening — with no ring! Other replicas had an enlarged neck ring or the helmet was intended to be cut apart at the ears and reattached with magnets.
I chose a different method when finishing my rotocast helmet: I cut the snout off, and then I had to widen the neck ring only a couple millimeters on each side in the front to fit my head through. But I had to build up a ledge for the snout to fit on, and mounting points for magnets. If you make a 3D model, you could make those detail be part of the 3D-print.

Isn't the helmet in Adam Savage's video the "Kenobi version"?
They also show the original version.

Other replicas had an enlarged neck ring or the helmet was intended to be cut apart at the ears and reattached with magnets.
Thats exactly my aproach. I enlarged the neck ring just a little bit and the opening seam is hidden behind the ears and runs along hard edges to disguise it. My previous version has the same system and it works perfectly, it completely disappears in photos.

according to the star wars chronicles the prequels book, clones are 2m tall. If you have a full body model made off one of the ilm ref sheets you should be able to come up with a measurement based off that.

Yet the original clone (Temuera) is 5'8" or 172cm tall.
175 cm (5'9") according to IMDB.

However, Boba and Jango Fett, and the Clonetroopers are 183 cm (6'1") according to the Databank.
That is the height of Alan Harris - one of the men who's body the Boba Fett suit had been fitted to when it was built.
2 m? Of course the boot soles and the helmet would add a few centimetres. But not as much as 17 ...

Jeremy Bulloch, who is the person most credited as Boba Fett, was 175 cm (5'9") — same as Morrison.
John Fass Morton ("He's no good to me dead"): 180 cm (5'11")

Extra: Stormtroopers in ANH: 5'10".
Clonetrooper stunt performers in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi:
Vanessa Cater: 176 cm (5'9⅓")
Hayden Lam: 178 cm (5'10")

Last edited:
Hi Woyta94, great 3D model! It's a very good match to the Master Replicas version of the helmet.

I was able to measure the Master Replicas helmet and got these measurements:

Width at the tips of the ear cap detail: 26.8cm

Width at the lower widest part of the helmet: 27.5cm

Black brow width: 22.8cm

Height from the top of the mohawk down to the very bottom of the helmet under the chin: 33.5cm

Hope that helps!

175 cm (5'9") according to IMDB.

However, Boba and Jango Fett, and the Clonetroopers are 183 cm (6'1") according to the Databank.
That is the height of Alan Harris - one of the men who's body the Boba Fett suit had been fitted to when it was built.
2 m? Of course the boot soles and the helmet would add a few centimetres. But not as much as 17 ...

Jeremy Bulloch, who is the person most credited as Boba Fett, was 175 cm (5'9") — same as Morrison.
John Fass Morton ("He's no good to me dead"): 180 cm (5'11")

Extra: Stormtroopers in ANH: 5'10".
Clonetrooper stunt performers in Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi:
Vanessa Cater: 176 cm (5'9⅓")
Hayden Lam: 178 cm (5'10")
Sorry, I mixed my clone height with something else. According the Star Wars Chronicles the Prequels clones are 1.83m(and Jango)
20231018_170941.jpg

Hi Woyta94, great 3D model! It's a very good match to the Master Replicas version of the helmet.

I was able to measure the Master Replicas helmet and got these measurements:

Width at the tips of the ear cap detail: 26.8cm

Width at the lower widest part of the helmet: 27.5cm

Black brow width: 22.8cm

Height from the top of the mohawk down to the very bottom of the helmet under the chin: 33.5cm

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much, finally someone able to share the information. Looks like I actually pretty much nailed the size, my model is 27.7cm wide at the widest point and the brow is 22.9cm, I'll make it just a smidge smaller then. Thank you for this valuable information. If anyone has the Anovos/Denuo Novo version, that would be even better, multiple sources are always good.

Thank you so much, finally someone able to share the information. Looks like I actually pretty much nailed the size, my model is 27.7cm wide at the widest point and the brow is 22.9cm, I'll make it just a smidge smaller then. Thank you for this valuable information. If anyone has the Anovos/Denuo Novo version, that would be even better, multiple sources are always good.
All good! Happy to help :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back