Fifth Element Grappa Bottle - Original - Free - HERE IT IS !!

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm talking about this one of course, which Professor Pacoli asks for, to celebrate his discovery in Egypt.

grappasg.jpg

Some trivia.

This label is an actual design for a Grappa Bottle made by the Ercole Gagliano founded company, Marcati, in 1860, in Italy.

The artist who drew the image is Sante Cancian, an Italian artist, 1902-1947.

He drew this image in 1929, and it was used for the Vinaccia Grappa Bottle.

The original label had a big 'Marcati' on the top, which was cut off for filming.

Well, 2 days ago I came across, and bought, an original 1929 label, in condition A of international scale, ie, perfect.

It is on its way to me as we speak, and as soon as I get it, I'll tweak my camera to the best possible settings for colours etc, and will post a huge-res image of it here.

For you to enjoy :)

.... stay tuned.

Last edited:
Re: Fifth Element Grappa Bottle - Original - Free

But you have to provide the bottle :lol

I found a perfect one : Rose D'Anjou wine, 2009. Cheap & delicious too !

That is what I used for my bottle

grappa1-437x667.jpg

Looks perfect.

Hehe... brings back memories of the days I spent hunting for screen accurate Firefly/Serenity bottles!

But you have to provide the bottle :lol

I found a perfect one : Rose D'Anjou wine, 2009. Cheap & delicious too !

That is what I used for my bottle

grappa1-437x667.jpg

I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

Thanks ever so much for this offer.

You're welcome Droidboy. I can hardly wait to get it myself. After I photograph it, I'm going to frame it and put it behind the bottle I made :)

Can't wait! Ever try to scan a can or bottle by rolling it on the scanner as it passes? With practice, you can get pretty good results, and you don't have to distroy the label.

This is really cool! Looking forward to the photos/scans.

Can't wait! Ever try to scan a can or bottle by rolling it on the scanner as it passes? With practice, you can get pretty good results, and you don't have to distroy the label.

I think he was able to find an original un-applied label (correct me if Im wrong AC)

It will be a photo of the original 1929 label laid out flat. The camera I have (C400D), dwarfs the resolution I can ever get from my scanner. Trust me, it will be more than good.

Awesome! Thats a neat little prop that ive always thought would make for a good conversation piece! Great work, and thanks for offering to share :)

Man I was just thinking about searching for this last night after watching The Fifth Element. Awesome!

Wow, that was fast. Got it a few hours ago.

It came with a very nice personalised note from the dealer. Liked the touch :)

Very sturdy for posting

grappa12.jpg

Came ready to frame. Got to find a place to hang it now.

grappa22.jpg

I took more than 50 shots of it till I got it right. After an hour tweaking the camera & photoshop senseless, for colour balances etc,
THIS is what an original Grappa Vinaccia of Marcati label from the Fifth Element looks like.

EXACTLY.

The 'imperfections' are not from the condition of the label or the paper, but from the printing itself, in 1929.

Although made of paper, it has a 'plasticy' feel to it. Quite unique. They sure don't make 'em like they used to !

Enjoy guys :)

It's exactly 10.7 (wide) X 15 cms.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back