scifi shows that died young

Ah i didn't know it was out yet. yeah the ratings suffered when they changed everything in the second season. Which was a shame as everyone says it is almost a totally different show.

Ah i didn't know it was out yet. yeah the ratings suffered when they changed everything in the second season. Which was a shame as everyone says it is almost a totally different show.

I didn't realize it was out until I ran into on Netflix. I haven't seen it since it was first shown. I remember it being very cyberpunk.

Probe. Just been watching it this week. Total 80's cheese, but never really had a chance to find an audience.

I was actually about to mention this one, but you've pretty much right. Granted, it was a bit cheesy, but it was co-created by Isaac Asimov. Honestly, I think that this show needs to actually be reworked and made as a show nowadays. Seriously, I think there'd be an audience for it.

Just my opinion, of course

"Grab your notebook!"

The Magician is another one I can think of.

Deadly Games is another...

Nowhere Man (which is slightly sci-fi)...

VR.5

Dark Angel (as crazy as it sounds, I think it was pretty good for what it was)

Last edited:
I got a classic for ya... really got into it as a kid but it didn't last very long... 13 episodes... Automan! Really wish they would have stuck Enterprise out for a few more seasons. Loved the 4400 and don't even get me started on the Tick! The cartoon... not the Live Action! :) I loved Time Trax... always said if I was gonna have a son I would name him Darian after that show!

I always liked The Wizard.

And I had completely forgotten about Deadly Games.

This reminded me of another one that I can't remember the name of. It was about a super hero whose world was fading away. He realized that the reason it was doing so was because people in the real world weren't reading his comics any more so he somehow crossed over to the real world. Unfortunately, he lost his powers in the process. But he found ways to compensate for that and still did heroic stuff.

I remember a woman asking his name when he was dressed as a normal person and he told her it was Clark Kent. She said "Like Superman?" and he was shocked that she knew Superman's secret identity because in his world Superman was real.

X-Files. A shame that poor writing became the norm rather than the exception as the show went on. Still would not mind a reboot. Plenty of good stories out there for a new cast to explore.

X-Files. A shame that poor writing became the norm rather than the exception as the show went on. Still would not mind a reboot. Plenty of good stories out there for a new cast to explore.

I just watch Fringe to scratch that itch. They even mention a similar set of files in a department of the FBI called "The X Designation." I would plotz if they got Duchovny or Anderson to do a role similar to Kolchak/Not-Kolchak showing up on the X-Files. But that'd be too on-the-nose for them to actually do it.

^Brotha...that would be awesome if they ever did that. Your right about Fringe though. Scratches alot of itches, that show does:)

99 posts and no mention of Buck ?

452px-BuckRogersDVD.jpg

Seems the list of sci-fi shows that lasted more than a couple of years would be shorter. :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back