The Lone Ranger (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
The Lone Ranger movie discussion thread with spoilers.

Release Date: July 3, 2013.

Synopsis: Native American warrior Tonto recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid, a man of the law, into a legend of justice.

Director: Gore Verbinski
Writers: Justin Haythe, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio
Cast: Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer, William Fichtner, Tom Wilkinson

IMDB: The Lone Ranger (2013) - IMDb

Click here for The Lone Ranger pre-release thread with previous updates and trailer links

203888-lone-ranger-banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Once more with feeling...

Typical detonation velocities in gases range from 1800 m/s to 3000 m/s. Typical velocities in solid explosives often range beyond 4000 m/s to 10300 m/s.

Oh Disney, you so craaazy. Maybe they will sell off Star Wars or Pixar to recoup some of the massive cash they are going to loose on this one.

I loved this movie!! Admittedly, I am a Johnny Depp fan, but this is my favorite of the summer movies, so far, just edging out Iron Man 3, and way ahead of the tedious Man of Steel. I agree with some critics that the scenes of wholesale Native American slaughter were positioned too close to some light-hearted scenes. Otherwise, though, there is really a lot to like here if you like comic book-type movies.

I went to a matinee this morning to see this....but decided at the last minute to see STAR TREK Into Darkness one more time. I have a feeling I made the right call. * other people in the theater with me, buy the way. Nice longevity.

Just got back from seeing this with my folks. My favorite of this Summer yet. I'd gladly see it again and will probably buy the Blu-ray.

It was ok. I've seen worse.

If anything it did have a well judged and rousing use of the William Tell overture.

Of course it's going to be stupid and silly. The Lone Ranger is like the Twentieth Century version of Don Quixote where Know Nothing (kemosabe) and Stupid/Silly (Tonto) still must go out and fix what is wrong with the world. Given that, it's going to have it's share of bizarre moments. They're practically built into the back story from the source material. I saw it, and it very much feels like Verbinski's work on Pirates of the Caribbean, which certainly isn't for everyone, but has it's admirers all the same. I thought it was overly long, but it was far from terrible. Call it a popcorn movie or a guilty pleasure, if you will.

Ouch yahoo says it only made 9.6 million on opening day. But it also opened the day before a holiday when folks are getting ready or traveling to see family too.

Wow - Star Trek is already at the 2 dollar theater here in LA -

Saw Ranger and saw where the problems were - There were so many problems during production, they should have just went with Terry's original script -

Wow - Star Trek is already at the 2 dollar theater here in LA -

Wow- I went to a Wed. 10am matinee at a first run theater still showing STAR TREK and there were 8 other people in the theater with me. Not too shabby. I was gong to see the Lone Ranger but decided to see Into Darkness one more time.

Overall enjoyed it, the reviews are right, but I was still entertained. I just like seeing Depp being ridiculous. Its not edited perfect enough for me to own on DVD, but I might snag a Tonto action figure if I see one cheap.

*edited to make shorter

Last edited:
Let's see if I can get you to write that a 3rd time.

Remember how long they ran Superman Returns in some areas - gotta keep squeezin.

And you know my opinion - I'd rather be Clockwork Oranged into watching Lone Ranger over and over than see Star Trek again.

I think it looks interesting. I have seen all the trailers. Also I watched about 8 of the featurettes. While I don't expect it to be as good as Star Wars, the action scenes with the trains do look pretty good.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back