"Let Me In" (US remake of "Let the Right One In") trailer

Meh. Looks like they removed a lot of the the haunting ambiguity that I really liked in the original. Was that Voldemort making an appearance, too? :rolleyes

Don't really see how it could improve on the original. Doesn't appear to have its subtlety or delicate touch. Looks like reasonable casting for the part of Oskar though.

Looks they they took a well written dark love story and turned it into a cheap thriller horror flick...

Is this another [Rec] vs Quarantine?

I have never seen Let the Right One In but you now have my interest!

I'm not even going to watch the trailer. Not only is the Swedish film the best vampire movie in I don't know how long, it's one of the best films PERIOD I've seen in a long time. And I watch a lot of films. It's damn near perfect. I don't need to see the Baysplosion Hollywood crucifixion of a subtle, touching, tender little story like this one.

The original is just a beautiful picture, a haunting love story... a masterpiece.

This?

Not for me, sorry.

Don't really see how it could improve on the original. Doesn't appear to have its subtlety or delicate touch. Looks like reasonable casting for the part of Oskar though.
I was about to say, the boy they picked for Oskar looks almost TOO much like the original. Creepy.

I loved the original. I may see this one just to compare. It won't make the other one go away if I do.

I was about to say, the boy they picked for Oskar looks almost TOO much like the original. Creepy.

I loved the original. I may see this one just to compare. It won't make the other one go away if I do.

It's not that remakes or sequels or whatever make the original go away, but sometimes they can tarnish it (Matrix) or be a let down (Robocop 3). Oftentimes, eventually, they become sort of ignored, if the original is strong enough (Godfather 3).

The thing is, it won't make the original go away, but when I love a movie, a remake is something of an insult to me almost, like a little kid getting a new stepdad he hates. I feel the same way about books I love being made into inferior movies. I love Dune. The movies? Eeesh. I was actually ANGRY when I left Interview With A Vampire. I won't see The Road. I love the book too much to risk having someone else's images in my head the next time I read it. I wish I could read Harry Potter without seeing those kids from the movies. But sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed Watchmen a great deal. I felt like Adrian Lyne's Lolita was handled well.

Part of the frustration is how a whole bunch of Americans won't know this is an adaptation, and that's maddening. The version that will reach the masses will be a paler version. However, mass audiences, you know, the philistines, the herd (yup, I'm a film/lit snob) wouldn't like the original anyway, so to hell with them. Listen to Jay Z and not Alphaville (Forever Young) and if you don't see why the Jay Z one is bad then go sit at a different table. Foreign films? They'd be lost at the subtitles. I was discussing Point of No Return vs. La Femme Nikita on the board recently. Most Americans would prefer Point of No Return. Does it make me snotty that I think they have very poor taste for not preferring Nikita? So be it. La Femme Nikita is better by every single criteria I can think of to judge a film.

My favorite movie of all time is Seven Samurai. Between being black and white, subtitled, and long, I live in fear of a 90 minute American remake that looks like some cheesy ripoff of Hero. Will it make Seven Samurai go away? No. Will I have to listen to a bunch of 14 year olds tell me how much cooler the new one is because the old one is "boring" and the new one has "like, these awesome fight scenes"? Yeah. And that's too bad. Was Vince Vaugn a better Bates? Did we NEED a remake of Psycho? But yeah, some people liked it more because it was in color. I don't like them. Where's my Taser? *****.

Beautiful things are delicate. Sometime you tamper with them and win (I prefer the dc of Blade Runner to the theatrical). Sometimes you trample on the flower and it dies. Let Kurosawa remake Macbeth and you have a masterpiece of a masterpiece. Let Hollywood touch nearly anything and it's the artistic version of a punji stake, like as not.

Aaarrggh, I'm on a rant now. I'm just editing and adding with no effort to organize. Let me ask you: what serious critic thinks Thunderdome is better than Mad Max? None. One was pure and simple, one was bloated. One was indy, one Hollywood. One was made for love, one for money. And it shows.

Last edited:
ugh. I dont think the vampire looks unisexed enough.
I think it's asexual, not unisexed - that implies both sexes... and what I got from the movie was a total lack of gender.

And yes, though she's a great young actress... she looks distinctly female. There is no ambiguity there. You don't look at her and wonder what her gender is, getting the feeling she could be both, like with the actress from the original.

Last edited:
Touche'! I stand corrected sir. Simple mistake. But yes I agree. wait wait *googles*Unisex refers to things that are suitable for either sex, but can also be another term for gender-blindness." and "2. Not distinguished or distinguishable on the basis of sex; androgynous in appearance: cultivated a unisex look.
n.
Elimination or absence of sexual distinctions, especially in dress." So I might be right? or perhaps both terms work?

Anyways Im just saying that I think they should have picked another vampire.
Perhaps the guy from twilight? :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back