Ant-Man

I imagine the antman size-fu to be similar to the night crawler battle in X2.

I hope the footage is available soon.

Nick

You are smoking CRACK if you think Iron Man is 'obscure' What the hell.
I think Nick meant that they were all obscure characters before their movie adaptations, which is true. Unlike some other superhero characters who were already pretty famous through their cartoons, TV series or even comics, Iron Man really became famous worldwide only after the movie in 2008. Prior to that he was known amongst comics readers, but not to the general public.

I watched an iron man cartoon for 2 years every saturday morning in the early 90's. Wouldn't say he was obscure prior to 2008 or 9 (whenever the movie came out).

I think Nick meant that they were all obscure characters before their movie adaptations, which is true. Unlike some other superhero characters who were already pretty famous through their cartoons, TV series or even comics, Iron Man really became famous worldwide only after the movie in 2008. Prior to that he was known amongst comics readers, but not to the general public.

I think you're significantly underestimating his fame. He may not have had a major movie before then but he showed up in a number of adaptions and was known outside of comic readers. He wasn't as big as he is now, sure, but he was hardly an unknown.

I watched an iron man cartoon for 2 years every saturday morning in the early 90's. Wouldn't say he was obscure prior to 2008 or 9 (whenever the movie came out).

Yup this is likely a case of the accusers being too young to remember some of the other adaptions he showed up in.

He wasn't as big as he is now, sure, but he was hardly an unknown.

Yup this is likely a case of the accusers being too young to remember some of the other adaptions he showed up in.
You're probably right. I knew Iron Man mainly through the comics in the 90s. I grew up watching the Spider-Man cartoons (60s, 80s) and the 70s TV movie in the 1980s and then the Spidey, X-Men cartoons in the 90s. Even the Hulk cartoon in the 80s. Iron Man did make appearances in some of these other cartoons, but I didn't get to watch any of the Iron Man cartoons.

But whether a character is obscure or famous doesn't really make a huge difference these days, as it's all about the right approach towards the adaptation and generating mass appeal, which Iron Man did very well.

Superman who is a universally known character couldn't make Superman Returns a big success as many hoped it would be.

Ant-Man has potential and I am hoping Edgar Wright will be able to pull it off.

Iron Man is one Marvel's heavy hitters and has been in comics, cartoons, video games and now movies. Thor definitely a heavy hitter in the comics.

Edgar Wright: "the sort of character that would look better in live action than on the page"

I agree with him there. Seriously can't wait for this.

apparently marvel co president has said, that with the excellent response to the comic con test footage, they are trying to squeeze in the ant man release in 2014, which would mean 3 marvel movies in one year,

it also leaves open the early 2015 slot for another movie. well, who knows, we might be still getting black panther ;D

Kevin Feige Confirms ANT-MAN As Official Start to Marvel’s Phase Three, Which Will Include DOCTOR STRANGE | Collider

"Ant-Man is definitely part of Phase Three. Like Iron Man 3, it’s certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it’s also through the lens of Edgar Wright — which is the only reason we’re making the movie…I’ve known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004. He asked me what Marvel was doing with Ant-Man — we weren’t even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes! It’s very much an Ant-Man origin movie from the perspective of Edgar Wright and his co-writer Joe Cornish. It will of course be firmly planted in the MCU, but a different corner than we’ve seen before."

I think Nathan Fillion would be a perfect Ant Man. He can play intelligent but also he can be a huge smartass/*******.

Not to mention Fillions always wanted to be a superhero (not counting Capt. Hammer). I'd say this would be a perfect opportunity if it gets greenlit.
No no, if Nathan Fillion was in a marvel movie, he would probably make the best Deadpool known to man....

No no, if Nathan Fillion was in a marvel movie, he would probably make the best Deadpool known to man....
But Nathan Fillion is already Captain Hammer!

If anyone from Joss Whedon's old projects should be pulled into the Marvel world it should be Alan Tudyk. Alan Tudyk is an amazingly versatile actor who can pull of serious drama as well as having impeccable comic timing.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back