Back to the Future

Something completely else: does someone recognize the comic inside the tales from space cover:

Tales1.jpg

I know it's a fake cover, but the inside comic is a real one. The picture above is from a production prop, so if this comic could be identified, I'd like to use a reprint (or the comic itself) in the Tales from Space replica I'm creating (maybe will do a run of them when they are finished).

That would be cool. Still missing in my collection...

BTW: Can anyone identify these pages and know if they are part of the comic inside the Tales Comic?!?

Last edited:
Something completely else: does someone recognize the comic inside the tales from space cover:

Tales1.jpg

I know it's a fake cover, but the inside comic is a real one. The picture above is from a production prop, so if this comic could be identified, I'd like to use a reprint (or the comic itself) in the Tales from Space replica I'm creating (maybe will do a run of them when they are finished).

The inside comic appears to be from the 70s or 80s. The lettering and artwork has a completely different style from any of the 1950s era stuff.

In that case "Weird Fantasy Number 7" is not correct. I'll try to download this comic anyway to check if the page is in that magazine.

The comic inside that production prop (if it's really a production prop!!!) is definitely not "Weird Fantasy" #7. I know that Brad (Jedifyfe) used this issue for the replicas he sold. Maybe he can tell us, why he used this specific one?! I've also checked "Weird Science" #7 and a lot of another comics from the 1950s, but I haven't found the correct comic.

I just assumed that as more than one copy was made of 'Tales from Space' that the donor comic book was probably different in each case because they were used as set dressing elsewhere in the movie.

Yeah, it's possible that more than one comic was used for different tales from space comics. But the one on the picture is definetely one of these. So if we can identify that one, we can use it and know that the inside corresponds with at least one screen used prop...

Found that on bttf.com

33dwe1k.jpg

My first thought was a Delorean key, but defineatly not...

109100.JPG

If you type delorean key in google, you will get some different keys, Im sure one of them will fit...

looks like the one on the right
Key Blank Volvo 73-76, MG 78-81, Delorean X29 VO73 | eBay

ebay suggests it a 1970s volvo key pattern ...whats the bet the studios had lots of keys made probably at a key maker kiosk or somewhere using non genuine blanks.

I will be updating that PDF soon with the sharper PCM and Futaba logos that were posted in the other thread.

The "Point Of No Return" sign

Today I want to share my current project with you: the "Point Of No Return" sign from the third movie. First I had to identify the book, that was used for the sign: it's "The Young and Field Literary Readers Book Four". I found this original book on eBay. Costs: $ 5 plus shipping.

Before I did the next step, I scanned the book cover:

attachment.php

Next step: painting the letters with a brush. I used matte white tinting paint. I tried to paint the letters as accurate as possible. It was not so easy. :wacko

Here is the result:

A4 size: Point_Of_No_Return_Sign_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A4.pdf
US-letter size: Point_Of_No_Return_Sign_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_US-Letter.pdf

Now you have the choice:

- print it out, cut the letters out and use it as template for painting it yourself on the correct book
or
- print it out and stick it on any book of your choice. The original book has the following dimensions:

cm: 14.2 x 18.8 x 2.1
inch: 5.6 x 7.4 x 0.83

Preview picture:

attachment.php

Have fun! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back