Tomb Raider Reborn

All looks super awesome so far!

A little birdie told me that soon a walkie will adorn the rear of the holster belt ;-)

I wouldn't mind seeing a closeup of your watch... i'm intersted to see what model you came up with.

K.

Looking really good.
Your first and last pix look right out of the game.

My last walkie search showed several correct yellow and black ones on ebay.
If you can't find that style you can get the silver and black version and just paint over the silver, there is no text so you won't miss anything.

Astrokid248 - Duly noted. I had planned to hem the tank tops shorter, but hadn't had time before the shoot. But that's on my list of things to do. And you're right, I put the holster on too high. I also really need to fix that quiver strap. It's all wrong - the placement, strap, buckle, everything. But then again, we slapped something together real quick for the shoot.

Kristen - A little birdie certainly chirps loudly, doesn't he? ;) Oh my watch was just a cheap $10 from Walmart. It doesn't have brand name on it (I already threw out the box). I couldn't find anything quite like Lara's, so I just grabbed a small black sports watch that fit my arm.
cbaf9c94-e7d9-4dd0-83b6-7dc99156e627_zps3dd44aeb.jpg

Division 6 - Thanks! A certain poster on this thread was kind enough to sell me one of her Midland walkie talkies. So I shall have that soon, along with a WWII M1 Garand sling for the quiver. :)

Nice.

Since I completed the game a while ago I've been going through looking for the last few challenge items you have to find or destroy and noticed a few things while running around the catacombs.

First off Lara is more fidgety than a 2 year old on a sugar high and won't stand still for decent pictures.

Not sure where she picked these up in the game but she acquired 2 pouches.
8588467171_44823de5c1_b.jpg

Next while taking pix of the strap (I was thinking it was a rifle sling) check out the details.
Now this little bit I didn't notice till I put it in photo shop to crop and scale down.
It has U.S.M.C. on it.
8589568316_7e36c09e7e_b.jpg

Here's the back minus the quiver.
The end looks like it has a "L" pin on the end but also looks like it might be a clamp with teeth.
I have seen both types on assorted military webbing.
8589571236_18286e29e4_z.jpg

Speaking of the quiver.
Robinhood JW was correct it is slightly oval.
No one denied it buddy you just had to show a photo.:thumbsup
Took me about a dozen tries to get this blurry pic.
8588468397_8d157772ea_b.jpg

Last edited:
The pouches came with whatever skill allows you to carry more ammo (I think).

I had the same issues trying to take pictures of her compound bow. By the time she settles for a clear shot she moves as I take the picture. I need to pic up the art of book though. Recently discovered it's only paperback... lame.

Kind useless for ammo.

The green one looks like it might hold a knife, flashlight (torch), eating tool or pepper spray.
The grey one looks almost like a first aid or handcuff pouch.

edit, the grey (black?) one is just a standard utility pouch.

edit 2
This flashlight pouch is in the ball park.
Most of the magazine, knife and flashlight pouches have either 2 snaps or velcro.

Last edited:
TheLadyNerd-- That watch is not too dissimilar to the one that I ultimately chose. I think that the one that i bought is too big for my wrist, though... so i may change it.

As to the sling, I believe that instead of a metal "pin" on the ends that is meant to be cord. It looks like it was wrapped around to improvise attachment of the "d" ring.

For the ammo pouches, I believe the narrow one is a 9mm/40 cal single mag pouch, green nylon with snap closure and alice clips on the back. The wider one looks more like it could be canvas instead of nylon. It looks like possibly an aid pouch. Hard to say, as neither one really technically fits with the ammo magazines that would be used with the weapons that she uses. :p

K.

found this after about 30 min of looking. optics planet flash light holster for the police. only pouches i could find that looked like the images were all flashlight cases. the larger was for plastic hand-cuff thingies.

on another note while searching through Google for these pics i came across this guy, he made me laugh so i am sharing his awesomeness with you fine folks. enjoy.

I don't believe that these pouches are duty gear pouches. they look to be military... and quite vintage at that. It seems that most of the weapons and gear that she acquires from the Solarii are WWII-Viet Nam era in nature.

K.

i back down to you division, your research makes my attempt appear as a young moron applying for a job at a burger king in France with no pants on...what ever that means.

:lol
It's all good my friend.
Just trying to help out the ladies.

That smaller pouch is still not quite right so don't stop looking.;)

:lol
It's all good my friend.
Just trying to help out the ladies.

That smaller pouch is still not quite right so don't stop looking.;)

Where is the "utility pouch" from? Do you know the manufacturer or the part number? With some bleaching/fading that would be spot on.

The smaller one looks the most like the generic pistol ammo pouch... though the "grommet" suggests the viet nam m14 pouch. It's hard to say because the model is blurry.

Definitely right on with the Midland radio. TheLadyNerd and myself already have one :D

What about the climbing rope? I say that it's either a green/black braided or green/brown/black but it's again hard to see because it's always ion the shadows, and when she actually shoots it from her bow it looks white. But when it's on the belt and all bundled up it has a black/green braided appearance.

K.

I leave for a day or two, come back, and there's more information! You guys are an endless resource! I haven't done too much on my costume this week as real life has taken over (and will do so next week as well). However, I'm still slowly picking away at the last 25% of detail work left to be done. So here's what I have left (as well as a few questions for you guys)....

- Distress/dirty up hair tie (I'm wondering if I should've gone for grey rather than blue)

- Remake the necklace. (I found long enough braided leather cord at Michael's! Now I can't exactly tell what colour Lara's necklace is, so I went with a medium brown rather than the dark brown (which almost photographs black on camera). So right now, the new cording matches my boots.

- Bleach top straps of white undertank top (we dyed the whole tank top to be dirty, but it dyed the straps almost a fleshtone. So I've got to go back and take that out).

- Quiver adjustments. Still working on figuring out exactly how to attach the quiver to stay on my back and not slide around.

- Buying a couple more arrows for the quiver. How many arrows are in Lara quiver?

- Gauze! I need gauze! Does anyone know where to get cheap gauze?

- Need to buy some decent hiking socks. My tiny black trouser socks ain't cuttin' it in those boots.

- I should have the walkie talkie and the WWII M1 Garand sling for the quiver in the next day or so thanks to one very generous KristenHenry70. :cool

- Need to buy the ammo pouches

- Need to buy a worn leather belt

- Need to hem my tank tops a little shorter. They're long and therefore bunch up when I pull them up to show the belt buckle (as Lara does)

- Alter pants to be smaller in the hips, they're slightly baggy on me in comparison to Lara (I think....what do you guys think?)

- Need to make some adjustments on the holster (addition of D-rings on the back. Has anyone figured out what those are for?)

- And of course all the dirt, blood, and sweat will be added at the final photoshoot (which has now been rescheduled for April 13th).

I think that's about it. I'll be adding more props, like the pick axe and rope, come Dragoncon.

Now, since these threads love some photos, here's some more teaser shots from Saturday, just 'cause. :)

487496_524982954220978_656175440_n1_zps82be341e.jpg

600231_525184020867538_52831283_n_zpsc900f999.jpg

Lara playing.....Lara?

479826_525660247486582_738242104_n_zpsf77b66e9.jpg

Kristen.
I posted a link to the pouch in my first post on them.
Google image search brings up a lot of sites selling them.
The one I linked was $2 less than the first site I looked at so shop around.

This image I found the other day (high res PC version) looks like the rope is Green and Black.
8595239571_3907da51ef_b.jpg

TLN, not sure what they loops in the back are for but if it's a military belt them most likely they are for hanging pouches and other gear.
WW2 Sam Brown belts may be something to look into.

For how many arrows?
I think full (40) you only see 10.

Last edited:
TheLadyNerd... I can fix you up with some of that stuff.

1. I have lots of gauze around here at the store. I can send you a bunch.

2. Quiver attachment... I used "D" rings on the sling, and matching hooks on the quiver. I can send you all that you need to hook it up, if you like.

3. I have 85% wool genuine canadian military boot socks here in the store too. They are super cozy and awesome, and though Lara doesn't have any socks showing in her outfit, I believe that your boots are tall enough to hide them :p

4. That "utility" pouch I should be able to get. I believe Fox Outdoor makes them, and we buy from them. The 9mm mag pouch we have in stock (that's where I got mine)

5. We have black/green climbing rope too. I had gotten black/green/brown initially, but after looking at the above pic Imma trade that for black/green.

PM or FB me if you want some stuff. You know I'm glad to help. :D

K.

:EDIT: That utility pouch is a downright bargain at the link that division 6 posted, so I just went ahead and bought one. It was only $1.50 to ship, so the total was under $5.00! Whadda deal. I didn't opt for the black one though because hers looks more grey to me, and I know from experience that if you fade out O.D. in the sun it can take on that sort of appearance. I just think the black faded out would have the wrong look... but if I'm wrong I'll just buy a black one and start over... they're cheap enough.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back