mods delete. discussion done

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Mclean and to the public,
I am dearly sorry for recent creation and design choice for my new v3 suit. My apology continues after my summary of explainations.....

I wanted to be clear with you, I have never purchased Mcl34n's print or actually seen the print in person. During the 1st and 2nd run of my print, i would either get emails and pm's either wanting to make an order, or a complaint email on how my suit isnt accurate and its usually included with photos of mcl34n's suit or WIP's of people who own his prints. His design is so amazing, it became the basis of my new design, or as he puts it, "his design".....

Out of Mcl34n's permission to replicate his seams or overall design, i admit to taking it far. By far, i had done special 45% rotations to certain photos of his print to look flat and use it as referencing. Matching his shapes, shading, and webbing. Colors, we can always argue if its the same or not, but blue is always gonna look same blue as everyone else when using same design methods. I did the same layering he did, i started with main shape with the red and blue. shaded, added the honey comb pattern over the shading, then drew the webbing, added the red stroke option in photoshop to create red that seperates the web from honeycomb. Im pretty good with photoshop, i just get lazy sometimes. I was lazy at 1st and asked around to buy a print but i decided to design my 1st, the v1. i can recreate alot of things but wanted to do my own style at the time. I wasnt trying to do an EXACT copy of his, it just came to be when i assembled all layers. Once i noticed, it was my fault for not changing it.

With the pressure of expecting a child soon (too soon to announce but pressure overcomes), my show business gig, and leaving the country to tour, i wanted to have the best print to help out. The best way to do that is to make the best and low priced print out there that looks great! I do pretty good with what i do for a living but the extra income does help out alot as gigs come and go. My intention's were not to gain money with the work of someone elses. In general, mclean's work was the base for everybody's design as he started all this and i respect him for it.

I will post pics of the design process as im not to hectic with projects and rehearsals. When laid out, the actual pattern is very diffrent from mclean's. only simularities is a few seam lines and same layering options. It looked so cool, if i did it diffrently, it would just be the same v2 again. Now im surprised how everything looks the same when assembled, but they are 2 diffrent suits!

to MCl34N;
I really do apologize for all this. I was thinking you would of been fine with this and find imitation a form of flattery but ive caused nothing but hardship and loss of a friendship from you. Im sorry.
If its any good news to your ears and To be honest, i havnt sold any v3's yet because i didnt wanna release it till early december. Looks like i wont be releasing it at all now. You can see all my customers own a v1 or v2. the suit im working on with the NEW design, is for a friend that i owed a favor to. i listed him as client on fb to sound impressing. Bro, I love your work and it had inspired me and helped me get into the spidey game. If theres any thing i could do to this design to make it less like yours, please let me know. I feel real bad and i wanna do all i can to make it up to you. I just seams like the more accurate i try to make this thing, the more its gonna end up looking like yours. I wish you could of talked to me about this before making a post. I would of complied with you. Ive always respected you and never ignored your questions and suggestions. Just let me know what i can do to make it up to you. Even if that means removing photos of my version.
I want to extend my hand to you and say....
IM SORRY.

Last edited:
Re: Public Apology to MCL34N (amazing spiderman related). EVOLUTION of the V3 DGP pri

Okay Paul, I can understand wanting to create the best pattern you can, but don't try to tell me that you don't have one of my prints, nor have you ever seen one. I'm absolutely positive that the pics I posted in Mercyflush's thread are of my design. It's identical. If you didn't purchase one of my prints under a fake name, the only thing I can think is that you went directly to your printer (who I used for Redtogousa and El Fett's suits) and somehow convinced them to give you my file. This all just wreaks of underhanded behavior Paul. Its one thing to ask permission to look at my work as reference, which I was totally fine with as you will remember, but it's another thing to just totally steal my design and call it your own, like you did on Facebook. Yeah, I think it's safe to say stealing a friends work might jeopardize that friendship.

Oh and way to try and save face.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm positive now, you did go to your printers and get my file. Proof- I got my first prototype print made at the printer you recommended to me. Once I got it back I realized that they didn't do a very good job on the blue sections and some segments of the honeycomb guide were lost inside the shading. Once I noticed this I altered my design to have a more pronounced guide in the blue shaded areas and got another print made from that same printer. I sold this first prototype to Redtogusa and I'm sure he could attest to the difficulty of puff painting these dark blue sections. In fact, so can you, made evident in this picture-

V4OdB.jpg

If you look closely, it's clear you lost the thicker dark blue line up near the pecs. If you were using your Photoshop CSI zoom and enhance skills to completely copy my pattern, why wouldn't you have just looked at this picture and known exactly where the blue line starts and ends? Every other aspect of your print is the same as mine to the tee.

554673_965365133559_1947068640_n.jpg

If you look closely at a progress pic of Red's work on my prototype, you can see what I mean-

IMG_2901.jpg

So clearly you convinced New Era Sports (bribe, cut of the profits?) to print my design for you. I even gave them two versions of my file when I first went in, a merged flat file, and a file with all of the layers separated(It was my first time getting a suit printed, didn't know if they would need the layers). You obviously got the separated version because you just described my method of making the file above. Seriously, this makes me sick Paul. Not only the fact that you did this in the first place, but then to come in with this rambling speech about how you became an expert in Photoshop overnight? I don't even know whether or not to believe you're actually having a baby. You seem like a low enough person to lie about something like that when your paycheck is on the line. And make no mistake guys, that's the entire purpose of his post. He's just trying to save face so a dozen people won't cancel orders on him simultaneously.

Ugh sorry for all the drama everyone. This is the 3rd seedy ASM experience I've had this summer.

Last edited:
Re: Public Apology to MCL34N (amazing spiderman related). EVOLUTION of the V3 DGP pri

^^ I hope this doesn't sour you on making suits in the future, I can understand why it would. You truly have a great talent for this man, be a damn shame to waste it.

Not that you really need me butting in but I thought I'd just confirm what McLean has stated.
When I saw DGP v3 costume (1st picture in McLeans above post) my first thought was, man it sure looks like he had the same problems I had in the shaded areas with McLeans prototype.
All other versions of TASM costume I've seen have not had this problem, including McLeans later versions.
All I'll say is that it's very questionable that both DGP's ver. 3 and Mcleans prototype versions share this problem.

Buddy, this is obscurb. many people randomly send pics of your work and of their prints by you. But I ain't gonna keep defending myself. To you, I'm always gonna be wrong. You don't know my life that well or know what's going. Its easy to act cold. Don't pass judgement as I don't always post my life for you to spectate. It dosnt take much to recreate your look. Even the v1s and v2s are great peices of work.

Nu era sports are very professional people. There's a reason why I set my price to what it is. I need every penny I can... no point or use in "splitting cost" or bribing for your prints. Trust me, they will not give me your print because I have asked to see it once when you said I could recreate your seam and they denied me prior to designing my v2 and who knows if they still have it. If I could easily just bribe them for your file, I wouldn't be creating the v1 and v2 and the V2.2, v2.6...and so forth if u wanna go into detail in what version I'm really in with my suits in the 1st place.

There's a difference between impressing people on facebook than impressing people here. The sales and customers are on here. Never made sales on facebook or even have people in the prop community as friends except maybe 3 people and they don't plan on purchasing anything from me. Just worry what I put here since the stuff that's here is what's going out to the public and what people are buying. If I didn't clearly put this new design on here for sale, then you have nothing to worry about. And if I know you can clearly see what I post up anywhere, why would I just sell and promote YOUR WORK if I know that information gets back to you???? I know your not dumb. Your smart. Facebook is a friends place and its where people can just tell the world they made this, made that, been here, been there, dated this and dated that. Whatever is on facebook shouldn't be a concern as these are friends I grew up with that I'm trying to impress, not customers.

No one has purchased a V3 or it hasn't been publically offered yet. All sales and even recent orders are v2s. Yeah I'm getting people hyped up about version 3 but nobody has actually talked to me about it or will know how its gonna look officially. I'm not preventing refunds or loss of sales by publcally defending myself because I'm prepared for that. I don't need to defend myself. V1 is always gonna be a request by many even if had sony's file or make the best accurate one today.

You can do all these photoshop comparisons and strap me down to lie protector test to prove me guilty.. and let's say if I had did use your work, your missing the whole point of what I'm saying, I'm offering my hand out to apologize and I've even offered to not sell this style of design and nobody has made purchase of it yet... so we should just squash this beef and know that this print isn't being sold and that anybody who has a mclean print has gotten it from you. I even offered to make my design diffrent than what it is now. I honestly can't stop u from attempting to destroy me. But I'm aready putting my hand out and asking what u want me to do to make this right. All you gotta do is tell me. I'm complying to you mclean.

Until I officially post something "here" , not facebook, and openly say "this suit is the version that's on sale"....and attack me.....you honestly have nothing to worry about. I'm not even good enough to be your competition. You have the top sales here and you still will even if I sold this design...but I don't plan on doing so.....because everybody knows your name and knows your the best at this. No one knows who the hell I am. 2 people can sell the same can of soda for the same price but they will buy it by the person who repaputable.

Just like mclean says, sorry for the drama.

And mclean, I'm aready saying sorry..... there's people out there that actually steals people's work and make sales off of it. And they don't admit anything or apologize. I havnt made a buck from your work. Let's just keep it like that. I'm aready prepared for your photoshop things to prove me wrong and destroy me over and over and over again. Destroy me all you want, all I'm saying is I havnt sold any of your work or even make any money off u. And aready is changing design to avoid confusion....

To the public, I'm sorry. Mclean, I'm sorry.

Paul, seriously? You're like the kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar. You're not sorry you were stealing cookies, you're sorry you got caught. I don't care about destroying you, I just believe that everyone deserves to know that you stole my design without my permission, and claimed that it was your design "from scratch." And yeah Paul, you are my DIRECT competition if you've stolen my pattern. I have no doubt that you were going to modify my pattern on Photoshop just enough so that it was seemingly "your" pattern, thus your "available in December" comment. And just out of curiosity, if you haven't sold any copies of my pattern, what exactly are these photos of? I know it's not your costume, because you joked with me on Facebook about not being able to make your own due to orders you had to fill. You know what, I'm just going to do my Photoshop comparisons really fast to pound the nails in the coffin and end this chain of lies-

Xmwvr.jpg

So clearly you went to NES and asked for the pattern like you said, but they must not have been as righteous as you implied. You got at least one print (most likely many more than that), finished it and sold it as your own. And yet you still come in here with these lies and backwards logic of "Why would I post these pictures if I stole them from you?" Well for one you didn't post them here, because everyone would have called you out, and I honestly don't know what you were thinking posting the pictures to Facebook. And these LIES man! Why do you keep digging yourself deeper and deeper?! This whole thing is so reminiscent of the Graham the scammer episode...

gotta point out something. as a proud owner of one of DGP's suits, ive gotta say though, it looks nothing like your suit MCL34N. theres no muscle shading which im disappointed with, and thats why im thinking of applying my own. while im disappointed that the suit i have is not up to pars with mcl34n's, ive no choice as its a cheaper alternative. im still glad to have dgp's suit. hope you guys sort this out soon! ive heard the same complaint from someone here too.

p.s. MCL34N if u need pics please pm me!

This suit isn't for me. I said on the 1st post that I was making it for a friend who I owed a favor to.

Me and u can keep going back and forth about this. I'm done. I'm not leaving this situation to display any guilt. I'm leaving to move on.

Ill be back with a newer design... far from accusation.
Wish u the best mclean.

gotta point out something. as a proud owner of one of DGP's suits, ive gotta say though, it looks nothing like your suit MCL34N. theres no muscle shading which im disappointed with, and thats why im thinking of applying my own. while im disappointed that the suit i have is not up to pars with mcl34n's, ive no choice as its a cheaper alternative. im still glad to have dgp's suit. hope you guys sort this out soon! ive heard the same complaint from someone here too.

p.s. MCL34N if u need pics please pm me!

Hey Rock, yes I know which print you're talking about, it's what Paul calls either the version 1 or 2. What we're discussing in this thread is Paul's new Version 3 print, which seems to have improved about 300% overnight, and is identical to my prototype I had printed at his printer. I have no issue with Paul's older prints, he designed those himself. My issue is with him taking my design directly without my permission and selling it.

This suit isn't for me. I said on the 1st post that I was making it for a friend who I owed a favor to.

Me and u can keep going back and forth about this. I'm done. I'm not leaving this situation to display any guilt. I'm leaving to move on.

Ill be back with a newer design... far from accusation.
Wish u the best mclean.

Yeah I guess there really is no way to stop you from basing your new pattern directly off of mine, considering you already have it, so this conversation is worthless.

Yeah, I'm sure you'd love it if they deleted the thread filled with damning evidence. Can't help sales.

As someone who as had my work plagiarized, I know how violating it is. You don't realize it until it has happened to you. You instantly recognize your work no matter how much someone tried to conceal it. This whole situation sounds really unfortunate for all involved.

MCL34N, have you informed the mods on the case? If they come to the same conclusion, wouldn't this lead to banning DGP?

Yes I alerted them to the situation. It's their call now.

As someone who as had my work plagiarized, I know how violating it is. You don't realize it until it has happened to you. You instantly recognize your work no matter how much someone tried to conceal it. This whole situation sounds really unfortunate for all involved.

Yes after reading Paul's irreverent first post claiming not to have plagiarized me and how I was in the wrong for accusing him I haven't been able to sleep yet. It just boggles my mind the lengths some people will go to make a buck.

You're right. Well, we can at least save this one. It's pretty bad too.

Edit: dont need it

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure you'd love it if they deleted the thread filled with damning evidence. Can't help sales.

I think what's most incriminating and may seem innocuous to DPG, is the "I don't need to defend myself, I know my own truth" type response. If you're really that innocent you're going to fight tooth and nail to prove it. Now I've yet to do a full build or post anything yet about my build but I do understand as a graphic designer how horrible it is to have your work copied and stolen without any hesitation. I've been looking through logo websites to find my logos posted by someone else and people are trying to sell them no less. It's a horrible smack in the face of a compliment to the point you don't even see it as a compliment at all.

I wish I have the time to keep fighting this but it isn't worth checking up on the forum all day. Mclean is gonna prove his points. I'm gonna prove mine. And its gonna keep going on for days. Mclean has more clout and more friends here, as well as a long experience here..course people are prioritize him and take his side.

Mclean, I asked for this thread to be deleted because it was supposed to put out an apology. Its sad your too cold hearted to just let it be. u can keep the evidence on the thread u first called me out on.

Out of one wrong, I've done a lot of right. Someone asking to bann someone is a coward move because now your interfering with their finances. I have not attempt to sell this design thus, I'm not breaking any laws. Legally, we don't own the spiderman design. Sony does. We are all pligerizing something aready created.

Let's say I did print mclean's suit, its not steeling because once a file is left a with a printer, the printer has every legal right to do anything with it except sell it. Recasting a steeling would be me taking his file, and tracing it. I havnt done anything illegal. I'm not saying I printed his. Its up to each indivisual to decide and keep to themselves.

I have reputation here. I should get some sort of credit for at least trying to make peace and clear the situation.....

And graphic design wise, nobody here knows my skills. I didn't get good overnight. Just because I designed something that wasn't up to everyone's request at 1st dosnt mean I'm bad at it. that was a rushed designed. This time I can actually take time.

This shouldn't be an issue if I didn't legally sell anything. I aready deleted pics ignored this suit existed to avoid any further issues. I aready admitted my wrong doing. I have expressed my sincerity. I don't care if I lose sales. Let mclean do his thing and point out if I did what he says I did. But don't interfere with someone's finances but telling people to bann someone. I aready said this isn't gonna be a product in the forum and that I got a new design far from accusation.

And mclean, I honestly didn't have to send u to my print guys but I did it out of love. Just tell me what u want from me to end this beef? I don't care about sales and gaining a positive facade. I'm asking u what u want from me.

if I have to give out free print to several people on here, I guess ill do it. I wanna be cool with everyone and prove I'm not a bad guy at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back