Prometheus SE Suit build (wip)

great job so far! Can't wait to see what you do with the shoulders and neck. I can't tell from looking, what did you do for the screen and buttons on the gauntlets? Is that just paint?

Good luck finishing by DC!

Trues I actually cut out some magazine/photos and placed them under a thin sheet of plastic before I glued it all down. Those were the only parts on the suit that never seemed to have actually functioned on-screen. They may have, but I haven't seen anything otherwise that ever showed them 'on' but I thought it might be a fun touch rather than a blank black screen.

The neck part was such a pain. There's a ton of shapes all going on with the design and it's a lot of ovals being placed in rectangles etc, as well as all the collar sections follow similar but completely different lines of direction from each other and some of them have to fan outward. If I would've had more time, I would've constructed the backback and chest sections to remain as 2 pieces until you wanted to wear it and would've absolutely made traveling with it much easier. But, was out of time so I ended up making it all one piece. The neck/collar itself, for being a major pain in the rear, was actually rather cool when I got it figured out and was a bit shocked that it really resembled something like an actual space suit neck seal. When I put it all together, one side of the pack was attached to the chest, I had made a lower and upper lip on the neck creating a groove and lined it in between the pack and chest area of the shoulder. Made sure it was straight then brought the other side together which basically clamped the neck piece into place.
284560_10151003676080951_108322155_n.jpg

305155_10150996716700951_260570874_n.jpg

320136_10150996716870951_1769938264_n.jpg

318388_10151003673115951_101041007_n.jpg

304474_10151003674005951_1383490748_n.jpg

*these aren't anywhere near finished and I know some things aren't exactly correct, but I simply wanted them wearable for the event. Don't worry, I will be fixing and finishing these. ;)

Last edited:
484622_10150996715135951_983632292_n.jpg

I made the valve looking things on the pack out of KFC small side dishes and yogurt lids and glued them facing eachother. Cut out the center and inserted a $0.50 sink nozzle. I still have yet to paint the gasket looking details and different colors, but it's getting there. Fitted it all to the holes I had cut out of the packs and then wraped them in foam and glued them all together. The high pressure O2 valve was made out of a cheap fake kids phone I got from a dollar store and used the key pad for the forearms, and the speaker fit perfectly into the inside of water bottle cap. Secured the two together and glued rhinestones to simulate the bearing looking part then painted it all.
561707_10151003674345951_599727379_n.jpg

Not finished, but getting there. Was at least able to get a couple pics with us in them for a little bit.
301097_10151002605300951_1068291704_n.jpg

Oh, wow. Great job! Dragoncon has gotten so huge now days that I did not see these at the con, and I am sad to know that I did miss them. I am currently planning to test-vacform Premtheus helmet domes in December, if you are interested.

Was only able to wear these late Sunday/early Monday which had a lot to do with it. :facepalm Mad scramble just to get them wearable, and yes, i'd totally love to be kept in the loop about the domes. :)

What blue suit are you wearing underneath? From a distance it looks like it works, but I'm concerned with getting textures right up-close.

By the way, excellent job getting to that point with a deadline! I can't wait to see what you can do with unlimited time.

^ have one actually. The ampule is functional. I put a cheap snake-in-a-can inside of it, and with a little luck and playing around, fixed the lid just right to the inside of top. Removed the plastic 'body' of the snake and covered it a messed up pair of womens panty hose..so, my hammerpede has a bit of tan compared to the movie version and certainly makes for a ton of laughter when reloading the 'pede into the amplue. I swear if anyone can do it with a straight face, i'll buy 'em lunch. So removing the ampule lid makes for a fun gag. :lol I'll post some pics up here soon to show it.

As far as the undersuit.. I understood VERY early on why they chose to purchase the material overseas, because we certainly don't have anything close here in the states. I have no idea what it actually is, but found a great looking material online. Unfortunately the material wasn't going to work for a body suit (not stretchy enough) and I was out of time so the suits I had originally commissioned out for, fell through. Totally in a bind, I purchased some white material that was cheap enough ( remember I had to make two of these) and would stretch enough for a one piece suit with a zipper up the back. Had a friend sew it for me and do all the piping, it's not exact but worked out. Stuck them in a dye bath twice mixing 4 different colors each time and it's STILL missing a bit of that more punchy brilliant blue color.:lol I'd love to have a swatch of the originals just to see what color they truly are!

I spent hours looking at reference material and they're chameleons, I swear it! Sometimes it's a bright blue, or very teal, storm blue etc.. It depends on so many things-cameras/film/lighting. very frustrating to try and match but did the best we could. Not as close as I wanted...But, If You can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with right?

Last edited:
Those suits are looking fantastic :) I have to admit that I enjoyed the aesthetic design of all of the human technology in that movie, even if I was ultimately a tad disappointed with the more alien design aesthetics. These suits just speak volumes of how well they worked!

Alrights. Finally got around to taking some pictures of the Hammerpede and Ampule. This actually does function which makes for some good screams and laughs especially when you have to reload the thing:lol. (snake in a can mounted to the upper and lower part of the ampule.)
Ampule2_zpsa91ae5b0.jpg

Ampule1_zps008464a2.jpg

Ampule7_zps462ff481.jpg

Ampule10_zpsdf610f2e.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back