Prometheus SE Suit build (wip)

Jathoris

Building 2 of these for D*C this year. I tend to be slow on my 'poor boy' builds so please be patient with me and of course, suggestions are always welcome. Building a David 8 and a Shaw of the outter SE all-blue suits ( no dome helmets). This is going to be a foam build and I'll post pics when I can. Again, sorry right off the bat, i'm terribley slow with progress pics sometimes.

Here's what i've been working on (gloves)
glove7.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24/Jathoris/glove6.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24/Jathoris/glove5.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb24/Jathoris/glove1.jpg

Still have to be coated in plastic for the finger tips, painted and then attached with rivets and eventually the two palm pieces will be added. Also craft foam that i've done the detail with a pen and coated with plastidip to give it a more leathery look.

hi there, i too am building a prometheus suit, but gloves are the only bit im struggling with.. would you consider building another pair of these and i would reimburse you for all materials and your time? i live in the UK and getting some of these materials is a little bit harder

thanks
let me know :)

Actually, all the materials I'm using for the gloves are fairly simple. Craft foam (for multiple layer and demension pieces-same with the palms and added a little plastidip coating), plastic garage sale signs for all the finger pieces, rivets, all purpose glue, super glue, and fabric glue, spray paint. Just find yourself a pair of black gloves and you're good to go. I've put a little extra work into mine here and there but it's really all super cheap materials. The rivets and fabric glue are going to run you the most but not more than a few bucks. A lot of the items I already had laying around the house, but nothing that you shouldn't have any trouble finding at either a hardware, craft or larger super market type store. Hope that helps.

brilliant that helps alot actually. only thing i may have a problem with will be the sign plastic but i'll find something im sure! thanks again for all your help there, im one step closer to making this costume now! :D

Very interested to see your work on this, the gloves are looking very cool already. Plastidip is such a miracle-product, really makes a difference! :)

A little behind with my progress pic postings :/ , but here are both pairs of the gloves finished.
513_10150919890970951_1328357780_n.jpg

544539_10150919890425951_2134367496_n.jpg

Have some issues with these, but, they'll have to do for DC for now. More to come.

"They'll have to do for now?" That's respectably humble, but I think we all agree that those look fantastic! Seriously excellent work!

Thanks guys, appreciate the love. It's slowly coming together. The rivets are mostly all fake as I ran into a mess of problems after I had set the first few, so I broke the heads off and glued them to the pieces to get the look, just not the function. So that meant changing how to apply them and the rubber side/neoprene side of the gloves took to hot glue fairly well. However..the high temp glue ended up melting and distorting the heck out of finger pieces :facepalm:lol :rolleyesoooh well, what can you do, ya know? when I get some time I'll go back and try and smooth out and repaint some of the finger tips because I'm being totally honest, some of them look like poodoo, but I have some other larger pieces that I need to devote the last remaining time to, so in time.

Any progress on this - D*Con is fast approaching :-/

yep, which is totally why I haven't been posting much of the progress stuff, but will as soon as I can spare another minute to upload some pics. I WILL *comehellorhighwater* be wearing this at D*c so the frantic task of finishing this is what's going on. Perhaps a teaser in the next day or two ;)

I am anticipating these pics with such excitement. I have never seen someone do a Prometheus suit though I love the film and think the gloves you made are outstanding. Do you know how long till you will be able to post them?

Alright, got around to uploading some progress pics. Some of these pieces have since been worked on, but there's only a couple of them that are completely finished. Mad dash to get this wearable for DC.

DS6.jpg

DS5.jpg

DS4.jpg

DS3.jpg

DS2.jpg

DS1.jpg

Gotta love it when you pick the one with the worst glue lines to photograph:facepalm :lol. *hoping a plastidip bath will help that little buddy out. It's not easy when you're doing everything by just looking at a handful of photos. Lots of trial and error to say the least. 'The original Pep'. Oddly enough, I've never even worked with that medium, ever, but having a guideline would have awesome. It'll do though.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back