FMA: Alphonse Build (Pic Intensive)

Indigogyre

Well, after starting a pep of IM and working on some minor things to get familiar with paper work I settled on a foam pep of Alphonse from Full Metal alchemist.

Being new to things I decided to start on the chest. It was both a good and bad idea. Overall the shape of the chest came out well but I'm not happy with the top of it and that it is a bit more concave then expected. I have a few ideas to supporting the top of the chest piece to make it sit better.

Here are some images on my first foam armor pep attempt.

al01.jpg

al02.jpg

al03.jpg

al04.jpg

al05.jpg

al06.jpg

al07.jpg

al08.jpg

al09.jpg

al10.jpg

al11.jpg

I'm going to start working on the back patterns tonight and perhaps get some foam cut.

Dean

Last edited:
Re: FMA: Alphonse Build

After being away since the board jacking I thought it was time to post an update on this. I've been working on this off and on since last year and it is slowly progressing. Once more I failed to properly scale the suit and while large it is still slightly tight on me. Looks like a serious diet is in order.

al038.jpg

al042.jpg

al047.jpg

al048.jpg

al049.jpg

al050.jpg

al052.jpg

al055.jpg

al058.jpg

al059.jpg

And now for some model pics.

model001.jpg

model002.jpg

Special guest star!

b001.jpg

So, I started to look into working on the ABS for under the chest and come to the conclusion that it is not designed for a real human to wear. Well, at least not a human of my size (6'1" and 300 pounds :/ ). It's going to take some creative adjusting, and a diet, to get things to work out right.

Dean

Last edited:
Are you using a pattern that is already scaled for you or is there some upscaling calculation being used? Hows the foam working for keeping the large barrel chest stable?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back