1/24 TOS BSG cylon raider....wip

mslz22

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of my winter scratchbuilds, got far enough today that thought it would be a good time to start a thread. 1.5x bigger than the SS one, one pic has a ss wing to show the size difference. I plan to have the front louvers grown so that they will be as clean as possible for clear cast canopy (smoke). Planning a nicely detailed interior. Doing my best to either match or mimic the greeblies, not going to get hung up on some of the smaller stuff but the "key" parts will get particular close attention, some will be grown and some will be scratched out of either renshape or styrene, like the leo deck seen here. Pilot is a 1/24 stand in for the eventual bad guys...

Still a little rough in some spots, will get them all nice and smoothed out before starting more details like the panel lines etc....

thanks
mike

Last edited:
Re: 1/24 TOS BSG cyon raider....wip

But seriously, Mike excels at upscaling these models while keeping their spirit firmly intact!

Been a long time, first 3d guy fell thru on the transmission parts and the cockpit louvers and delayed this almost a year, but a good friend came thru and i just got some awesome stuff in the mail today. Once i am caught up i will be looking forward to finishing this up. Still rough of course but will get it all cleaned up.
mike
007_zps9a0c4c3f.jpg

003_zps1116789b.jpg

009_zpsa631f60c.jpg

Almost done, still waiting for pilots from Mike Reis, and a couple of last minute greeblies. Just need to do panel lines and some details, which is the fun part. I rigged up a hinge system so that the canopy can be opened and closed to display the interior. The interior is very ILM ish in the regard that i did it like they would have, kitbashed. I think it's actually much more interesting looking than trying to replicate the bare bones full size interior, and more what i think they would have done if they did it.

Hoping for March on this one if i can get those pilots!!

Some pics of the current state. One with "normal" size spray can for size ref, this thing is BIG.

016_zpsf76084d8.jpg

021_zps05d6a5e5.jpg

018_zps7ad30103.jpg

023_zpsbe81cacd.jpg

025_zps564ccf8d.jpg

027_zps61b8c694.jpg

029_zps8c131893.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back